Coolant Flush

OsuMj

Ok, I drained the coolant, sent some DI water through it, closed it up, added a little over 2Qts of coolant (my bike takes 2.9 Qts).  I know my next step is to start it up to make it bubble and get all of the air out of the system, but how hot do I let it get?  Do I just let it run until there are no more bubbles? Honestly, I can barely even see when its bubbling because my air intake sits right on top of the radiator lid, but I was just wondering how long to let it run.  Thanks!

fill with your choice of coolant, put cap back on, rev engine like a squid a few times, open it back up, add more coolant, close, rev, open, add, rinse and repeat til the level doesnt go down any more.

if you let it get too hot while doing this, when you open the radiator cap, you're gonna get money shotted (I speak from first hand experience, you do NOT wanna get bukkaked by your bike).

once you're reasonably sure it won't take more coolant, open up over flow reservoir cap, add coolant til somewhere between low-high line and ride off into the sunset.

• Upvote 1

you don't have to rev it or run it for very long. just fill it, cap it, turn it on and rev it a few times. then turn it off again to check. your bike shouldn't run long enough to get it to burninator temps. just do that a few times til the level stops dropping.

once you're at deals gap, you can have someone check it and add some more for you if you're paranoid. this is not worth losing sleep over.

• Upvote 1