Anyone Ever Have Numb Toes After Riding?

JStump

Sounds to me like you are pushing down to hard on your feet. And proper fitting boots don't allow your feet to slide forward or backwards. Sideways either. I chased you from the gap to Fontana (I was on the scooter) and I didn't see you move around hardly at all. I recommend that the balls of your feet are up on the pegs and move them down to shift or to use rear brake (if you are so Inclined) then back up on balls of feet. Proper foot position is the one where you can most easily lift your body up. I've never ridden a 675 but I doubt it is buzzy enough to cause numbness if you do as above. You don't need to press hard on the pegs. You may want to weight the outside peg if you are having trouble getting front end to turn under throttle but I wouldn't worry about this now.

Sounds to me like you are pushing down to hard on your feet. And proper fitting boots don't allow your feet to slide forward or backwards. Sideways either. I chased you from the gap to Fontana (I was on the scooter) and I didn't see you move around hardly at all. I recommend that the balls of your feet are up on the pegs and move them down to shift or to use rear brake (if you are so Inclined) then back up on balls of feet. Proper foot position is the one where you can most easily lift your body up. I've never ridden a 675 but I doubt it is buzzy enough to cause numbness if you do as above. You don't need to press hard on the pegs. You may want to weight the outside peg if you are having trouble getting front end to turn under throttle but I wouldn't worry about this now.

I know for a fact I did not move very much on the gap, cherohala is where I was really moving. I am still getting comfortable moving around on the bike and the gap is too busy for me to really do that right now. Long sweeping turns where I can figure out how the bike reacts to me shifting weight is where I am really comfortable which is another reason I need to start track days. 

I know for a fact I did not move very much on the gap, cherohala is where I was really moving. I am still getting comfortable moving around on the bike and the gap is too busy for me to really do that right now. Long sweeping turns where I can figure out how the bike reacts to me shifting weight is where I am really comfortable which is another reason I need to start track days. 

I can't verify either as I only was behind you for brief moment on the gap, and maybe Cherohala as well.  But I'm talking about from the gap store back to Fontana.  Plenty of time to setup for those corners.

The goal when moving is to move with the bike and not upset the chassis.   Just takes practice to get in sync with the bike.  Start slow and work on moving side to side.  I recommend you move side to side even when riding at modest pace as practice.  You have to get comfy moving around.  Having said that, you have to also get comfy with lean angles, and hanging off reduces the lean angle.  So you have to work on both, then combine them.

Foot position and moving around keeps the blood flowing and the pressure off.

You can do it....

Edited by turnone

i have numbness in both hands.  I went to see some sports medicine doctor in Dublin last year.  The did nerve tests and I had Biker's Palsy - which is inflamation in the Guyun's Canyon of the hand that presses on the nerve.  It was from bicycling too much.  I had surgery scheduled but went for a 2nd opinion at that new Hand/Foot place near Polaris.  That doctor told me to stop biking and see what happens.  A month went by and the numbness subsided and I got strength back.  I started biking again this spring and it returned.  I ice and try to do some exercises...that helps but the numbness is there slightly.  I just live with it.

Same thing happened to me while riding my motorcycle at Mid-O a few years ago.  Tingling on the inside of my left index finger.  It's still there today :|

I can't verify either as I only was behind you for brief moment on the gap, and maybe Cherohala as well.  But I'm talking about from the gap store back to Fontana.  Plenty of time to setup for those corners.

The goal when moving is to move with the bike and not upset the chassis.   Just takes practice to get in sync with the bike.  Start slow and work on moving side to side.  I recommend you move side to side even when riding at modest pace as practice.  You have to get comfy moving around.  Having said that, you have to also get comfy with lean angles, and hanging off reduces the lean angle.  So you have to work on both, then combine them.

Foot position and moving around keeps the blood flowing and the pressure off.

You can do it....

All good advice, Its hard to really get any practice in though when 99% of the roads up here are strait :/