Anyone Ever Have Numb Toes After Riding?

JStump

So after going to the gap this weekend, the front and outside of my big toes have been numb. I put my boot on and its entirely possible I was pushing on my toes while riding as I spent a lot of the time off the seat. Anyone else ever experience this? 

Anyone Ever Have Numb Toes After Riding?

On a goldwing?   :dumb:

Dont they make those foot pegs out of antivibration material? I swear I thought I saw those on a table at a swap meet one time. 

are your boots too small?  I've never had that problem on the twisties. I have had my feet go numb on the highway because I don't move my legs for an hour and a half at a time.

No, they fit just about perfect, but the riding position on my bike makes my feet slide to the front of my shoe.

I have that problem too... They aren't too small but maybe the sole is too hard... I was going to try some insoles.

How long did it last?

That's pretty normal.  If you're in any position for too long, things will go numb.   You're pressing on a nerve...even if you dont realize it.  The more you do this, the quicker it will go numb.  It could be your boot pressing on some nerve.

Peripheral neuropathy - numbness of the extremities. (Feet, hands)

Neuropathy is very common. There are many types and causes. Often, no cause can be found. Some nerves diseases run in families.

Diabetes is the most common cause of this type of nerve problem. High blood sugar levels over a long time can damage your nerves.

Other health conditions that may cause neuropathy are:

Other things that can lead to nerve damage are:

• Broken bone that affects a nerve
  • Long-term, heavy alcohol use
  • Glue, lead, mercury, and solvent poisoning
  • Drugs that treat infections, cancer, seizures, and high blood pressure
  • Pressure on a nerve, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Being exposed to cold temperatures for a long period of time 
  • Pressure from bad-fitting casts, splints, a brace, or crutches

Before you freak out at this list realize that the most common causes are also the most likely such as vitamin deficiencies which are very common with our well balanced national diet of cheeseburgers and fries.

Before you freak out at this list realize that the most common causes are also the most likely such as vitamin deficiencies which are very common with our well balanced national diet of cheeseburgers and fries.

I had a vitamin deficiency that had my eye twitching for two days straight.  if i remember right, bananas cured it.

That is why I am thinking B12 is the issue. I had colitis and the only thing that worked to keep it under control was surgery to basically remove half my intestine which is where I read B12 is absorbed.   

Also, my left eye twitches like MJ said, some days like crazy and I tend to be really tired in the middle of the day which correlates with vitamin issues. 

Edited by JStump

That is why I am thinking B12 is the issue. I had colitis and the only thing that worked to keep it under control was surgery to basically remove half my intestine which is where I read B12 is absorbed.   

Also, my left eye twitches like MJ said, some days like crazy and I tend to be really tired in the middle of the day which correlates with vitamin issues. 

Sounds like your on to something here. Also keep in mind that vitamins work on food so the best time for them is meal time.

Don't forget vitamin "D" a recent study says we all are at low levels. I blame violent video games for keeping us out of the sun. ;)

In any case you don't have to live in a third world country to suffer from a deficiency. Lifestyle issues like to much fast food and not enough of the good stuff could explain a lot.