My 2012 Daytona 675 Might Have Just Died =(

katanafreak

Hey all! I have an issue with my 2012 Daytona 675. Here's my story:

At 800 miles I got a CEL. Took it to the dealership and got my first maintenance done and told them about the light. When I picked it up the light was off and all maintenance done. The next day the CEL light is back on. Make another appointment, on the ride there, the CEL light goes off. They throw it on to see what the code was and it was a exhaust valve code? sure ok, fix it. They said since the light is out just ride it and see what happens. The very next day, you guessed it, CEL light. Call the dealership and then was told to just ride it around and see if it goes out again. Ok fine... didn't sound right but stupid me. This morning I start the bike up to ride to work cause it's beautiful and smoke pours out of the fairing and it smells like burnt electronics kind of and there was fluid all over the ground. Was a clear fluid, could of been oil. I couldn't check cause I had to get to work. Any idea what could of happened or what might be wrong? The bike is completely covered under warranty as its only a year old. Its getting picked up to go to the dealership tomorrow. I'm kind of pissed. I bought a 2009 Daytona 675 brand new and not a damn thing ever went wrong, just thought I would upgrade last year to a 2012 and now its nothing but issue after issue. My back turn signals both broke and I just got the recall today about the stems and another recall the other day about the bearings. WTF!

Posted this on the Daytona675 sight as well, hoping I can get ideas of what just happened. =( Just really bummed. I love these Daytonas best bikes I have rode and its a shame that this one is giving me grief when I had such a great experience with my 2009.

Blinker stem recall was in February and only affected like 600 bikes across four models.

Can't find anything about a bearing recall? I have a 2012 675r and (knock on wood) haven't had a single problem. Wasn't part of the blinker recall either.

What dealer did you take it to?

Blinker stem recall was in February and only affected like 600 bikes across four models.

Can't find anything about a bearing recall? I have a 2012 675r and (knock on wood) haven't had a single problem. Wasn't part of the blinker recall either.

What dealer did you take it to?

Blinker stem recall? Like the stock blinker on the stick or the blinker switch? Mine did this funny thing when we were riding in the rain at the gap where it would illuminate the blinker light and keep it solid then slowly fade to black then randomly be full brightness again and fade to black. Hasn't happened since though. The person behind me must have thought I was going crazy flipping my blinker from left to right over and over trying to get the light to go off lol.

Edited by JStump

you gotta be kidding me? only 600 bikes were affected in this and I have one? The bearings recall says that an unknown quality of bearing was used and that the bearing could fail. I dunno how an unknown quality is used but those are the two recalls I got. Now the bike spews smoke everywhere and smells like somethings burnt. Man I miss my 09 right now =( blinker recall is the stock blinker stem. Said they could break, funny thing is both of mine are already broke. Never hit anything just from riding. they broke in the little rings. Just the back ones, my front ones are ok,... so far grrr...

Edited by katanafreak

Here are the recalls:

Report Receipt Date: MAY 21, 2013
NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V215000
Component(s): STEERING , VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL

All Products Associated with this Recall orange-down.png

Vehicle MakeModelModel Year(s)

• TRIUMPHDAYTONA 6752012
  • TRIUMPHSTREET TRIPLE2012
Manufacturer: Triumph Motorcycles America, LTD

SUMMARY:

Triumph Motorcycles (Triumph) is recalling certain model year 2012 Street Triple motorcycles manufactured from June 2012 through November 2012; and model year 2012 Daytona 675 motorcycles manufactured July 2012 through October 2012. The motorcycles may have been assembled without a guide for the throttle cables.

CONSEQUENCE:Without the guide, the cables may move freely and become trapped in the steering stop, impeding the steering operation and affecting the driver's ability to control the motorcycle, increasing the risk of a crash.

REMEDY:

Triumph will notify owners, and dealers will install a throttle cable guide free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during June 2013. Owners may contact Triumph at 1-678-854-2010 for more information.

NOTES:

Customers may contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153); or go to http://www.safercar.gov.

Report Receipt Date: MAR 22, 2013
NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V104000
Component(s): EXTERIOR LIGHTING
  • TRIUMPHDAYTONA 6752012-2013
  • TRIUMPHSPEED TRIPLE2012-2013
  • TRIUMPHSTREET TRIPLE2012-2013
  • TRIUMPHTIGER 8002012-2013
3 Associated Documents orange-down.png Manufacturer: Triumph Motorcycles America, LTD SUMMARY: Triumph Motorcycles (Triumph) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Daytona 675, Street Triple, Speed Triple, and Tiger 800 motorcycles. Due to a manufacturing error, the turn signal stems on the front and rear of the motorcycle may fracture. CONSEQUENCE: If the turn signal stems break, the turn signals may not be visible to other vehicles on the road, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. REMEDY: Triumph will notify owners and dealers will replace the turn signal stems, free of charge. The recall began on March 26, 2013. Owners may contact Triumph at 1-678-854-2010 for more information. NOTES: Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

Report Receipt Date: JAN 29, 2013
NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V032000
Component(s): WHEELS
  • TRIUMPHDAYTONA 6752011-2012
  • TRIUMPHSTREET TRIPLE2011-2012
  • TRIUMPHTHUNDERBIRD2012
  • TRIUMPHTHUNDERBIRD STORM2012
4 Associated Documents orange-down.png

Manufacturer: Triumph Motorcycles America, LTD

SUMMARY:

Triumph Motorcycles (Triumph) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Daytona 675 and Street Triple motorcycles and 2012 Thunderbird and Thunderbird Storm motorcycles. The wheels were assembled with bearings of an unknown quality.

CONSEQUENCE:

Wheel bearings of poor quality could fail unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a motorcycle crash.

REMEDY:

Triumph will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected bearings free of charge. Owners may contact Triumph at 1-678-854-2010 for more information.

NOTES:

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

yea I did not get a letter for that recall though, I only got ones for the turn signals and the bearings. Just hoping this will all be done by July 15th =( that's Nelsons Monday track day. Been trying to do a track day but haven't been able to due to this bike crapping out on me =(