Handheld Dyson With Docking Station - Woot $179

madcat6183

Honestly, this is one of the best investments we made for cleaning the house, second only to magic erasers, but I am sure in the future those will prove to cause cancer.

Anyways, 179.99 on woot today, with all attachments, and charging station that you can hang on a wall.  We mounted it in the closet and its barely noticeable.  It really sucks well, and sometimes, when I am lonely, well never mind....

http://www.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc35-digital-multi-floor-cordless-vac

I confess I'm addicted to Woot. It sucks a little since Amazon took over... Anyway, I keep looking at these Dyson rechargables. Does it really run very long between charges? I realize you can't vacuum the whole house, but I would like to be able to run around the baseboards and maybe do a car or two...

I've been trying to decide if something like this would be worth it. Our big problem is dog hair everywhere. I'm thinking something like this would work well in the kitchen and where we have wood floors. Madcat, what do you think of it? Does the charge last long enough to actually clean?

I've been trying to decide if something like this would be worth it. Our big problem is dog hair everywhere. I'm thinking something like this would work well in the kitchen and where we have wood floors. Madcat, what do you think of it? Does the charge last long enough to actually clean?

Actually I almost posted your name in the tags, I know you've got pets and a little one.  For you, I cannot believe you do not have one of these.  We use it almost exclusively for Basco's black hair all over.  When we have the kid in 2 months, it ll be used for all kinds of kid food etc. 

Trust me, you want/need this, for pet hair, we use it like crazy on the kitchen with the crevis attachment, along with the laminate floors.  Also it's awesome for like cars, and travel trailers, etc.  The crevis tool is normal style, but the other one with the bristles also has a like wider plastic thing that pops out when you push the bristles back.

Also we use the rotary for stairs, dude, such a huge difference over just like using a big Dyson and the wand attachement.  I do take the rotary aparty and clean it often to remove the wifes long hair and built up carpt stuff.  Also we use it for 2 area rugs we have on the laminate instead of taking the whole vacum downstairs. 

A charge, if not using the turbo, will last easily for anything you want.  Then it charges in less than an hour if you need to do more already.  Use the turbo and it's like 6 minutes straight of vacum, which obviously you won't do.  And you don't need turbo, I use it on the stairs and that's it.

I honestly, cannot believe with the costs of Dyson's now that everyone with pets/kids doesn't have one.  Both of mine are refurbished, I've had the Dyson DC07 for 8 years, and wife finally cracked the bin tab that holds it closed.  Still works, just have to use both hands to carry the bin.  The handheld, Ive had 3 years, and I use it 3 times a week, litearlly 2 times more often if not more than my full size. 

I also use it on my toy hauler every time, and honestly, had wife not bought me a baller shop vac specifically for the cars, I would use this thing. 

I think a dyson is the only thing that has more sucking power than jbot in the back of a trailer on track days so its probably a solid investment

And for reference, I can attest to this comment.  I've tried both, and Jbot is even better than my DC07.

• Upvote 1