2009 Suzuki Gladius Naked Sportbike/sport Tourer

Tpoppa

***Sold***

2009 Suzuki Galdius 15.5k.  Never dropped, not even a little.  Runs absolutely 100% perfect. $4,400.  Here's my way too long description...

I bought this bike new with zero miles in Oct 2011.  Prior to that, it was used a Hepco Becker demo bike at bike shows.  It comes with just about every Hepco Becker accessory available.  If you don't know HB, they make luggage and accessories including some of the OEM stuff for BMW, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Buell, etc.

I usually leave my bikes stock, but this one needed some love (all mods are reversible and I still have all stock takeoffs).

The Gladius motor is even better than the already excellent SV650 mill.  The frame is stiff and flickable.  The weak point of the Gladius is without a doubt the crappy stock suspension.  It was fine for a 7/10ths pace.  Anything faster and it would wallow and complain enough to make you slow down.  I swapped the rear pogo stick for a 4 way adjustable 07 GSXR600 shock (direct bolt on, common Gladius mod).  I also added Ricor Intiminators to the forks.  This is how Suzuki should have made it in the first place.  It handles fantastic and will hang with sportbikes in the twisties.  

The stock exhaust was just too ugly & too heavy to be allowed to live.  I replaced it with an Arrow street pipe.  It sounds good, and not much louder than stock.  Gladius have a CAT that maintains the back pressure so there's no need to remap unless you remove the CAT.  There's no backfiring or popping on decel.

I replaced the gawdawful mudflap with a Targa Fender eliminator.

The stock bars were too high and too narrow for serious sporty riding.  I replaced with a set of superbike bars.  It's a great mix of sport and comfort. 

It's setup for weekend corner carving, commuting, sport touring, and would even do nicely at track days (I would upgrade the front brake lines to steel braided before I put it on a track though).

It comes with over $2,000 in aftermarket parts.  I still have all the stock take offs.  The 15k service was just done by DucRx...valve check (all within spec), new chain, new spark plugs (2 per cyl), air filter, and coolant changed.  Tires are PR2's  the back is 50%, but it needs a new front (still a little tread in the center, the sides were just worn down by 1k of WV curves).

gallery_10768_1178_157989.jpg

gallery_10768_1178_156904.jpg

Edited by Tpoppa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...