OYL Racing Schedule...

fireman_343

If you've got a YSR, NSR, NSF, Metrakit, KX65, CR50, XR100, CR150F, ect.. come out and race with us. www.ohioysr.org

We have a motard class also, check out the new 08 rules and see if your bike will fit in any of our classes. (Pavement only!!!) If not, let me know what you've got and we'll see if you can race with us.

We race at Circleville Raceway Park, the kart track just south of Columbus on Rt 23. We also race at BeaveRun, out in PA.

Very cheap to race with us (around $50 for the day for 4 races, give or take a few dollars). PM me if you want more info!

We will also be holding Endurance races at BeaveRun and CRP, so check the forum or website for more info on that soon!!!

Check out our forum for info on race dates and track days at CRP and BeaveRun... http://miniroadracers.informe.com/

OYL 2008 Racing Schedule

Saturday, April 26 at BeaveRun

Sunday, May 11 at Circleville Raceway Park

Saturday, May 31 at BeaveRun

Saturday, June 14 at CRP

Sunday, June 29 at CRP

Saturday, July 20 at CRP

Sunday, August 17 at CRP

September 6 at BeaveRun

Saturday, September 20 at CRP

Saturday, October 4 at CRP

Saturday, October 18 (OYL Rain Date) at CRP

Hope to see ya at the track!

DSCF5448a.JPG

I'm thinking about getting into this. Any suggestion as to what cc bike I should get? I want to get the bike that is going to allow me to get into the most races. No need in me getting a 50cc bike if every race I am going to go up against 125cc. Also, no need in me getting a 125cc bike if I won't be able to race it half the time due to most races being 50cc only.

Join our forum at http://miniroadracers.informe.com/ It is running slow right now due to the forum provider I'm going thru is having server problems right now... But, you'll be able to ask questions there.

But, do you want a motard style bike or GP style bike??

If you want a GP roadracing mini, I would say get a NSR50... You would be able to race in 3 classes (2 of them where the bike would be competitive). Also, the NSR50 is a great bike, HRC Honda made them so they are race only!

LOTS of upgrades for the bike, I'm running a 65cc big bore kit, Arrow exhaust and 24mm round slide carb, and it gets up and goes! I race in 2 classes where the bike is running 1st, 2nd and 3rd all the time!

If you've got the coin and want a 4 stroke, get a NSF100. Or buy a NSR50, take the 2 stroke 50cc motor out and sale it, use that money to get a XR100 motor to put into the NSR frame. That is all Honda did, slap a XR100 motor into a NSR frame and it is good to go.

Just a few pic's for ya...

The NSR comes looking like this, brand new and stock!

DSCN2039.jpg

Mine now looks like this...

DSCN6884.jpg

A NSF looks like this... Again XR100 motor, in NSR frame

Picture20763.jpg

tims20035.jpg

BTW, I'm going down to Circleville's track tomorrow to brake in the motor... Good time to check out the bikes... If you can't make it Thursday, then Saturday there will be a few OYL racers out on the track with some sick bikes running practice! Free to watch practice, but when you get a bike it is only $15 all day to run on the track! Try that anywhere else!!!

Don't know... don't know much about them!

Short onboard video from Circleville Raceway today during practice... while braking in my motor, not going above 10k RPM... 4th and last heat cycle.

And here is onboard video from BeaveRun last year during practice...

• 3 weeks later...

Next round is at Circleville Raceway this Sunday, May 11th (mothers day).

You can view a short onboard video I posted above on Circleville's track to see what it is all about.

For more info or if you want to race, check out the website or just contact me!

what would you suggest for a motard?

Look at Xr100s or TTR125s. Great bikes for OYL races, but you can also do mini motard at the track, too. The YSR guys get a little pissed when you run the dirt section, but if there are big tards there, you'll be fine.

I'd suggest mini motards. Even if you want smaller, go with a KLX or DRZ 110. They have a ton of mods available. Pretty trick and like the XR and TTR, you can also do dirt stuff.

Many of the mini guys run at Briar Cliff on the smaller track. Hell, some ride the big track, too!

Point is that the motards can be multi use machines. Plus, like the pic shown above, I think the motards are outnumbering NSR and YSR machines...

Point is that the motards can be multi use machines. Plus, like the pic shown above, I think the motards are outnumbering NSR and YSR machines...

Yeah, that is true! A duel purpose bike is nice to have if you like to ride dirt and pavement! I'm not sure on this, but most of the mini-tards you'll have to get different wheels or aftermarket ones to fit the TT92's or 12" tires?? Don't quote me on that, as I don't have one, but that is what I hear around the pits..

And the number of mini-tards and NSR's are about the same right now. That pic was taken last year and that was in our F1 class, fastest bike class.

We have a bunch of new NSR owners and they are starting to come out the woodwork, some nice KX65's and KTM's starting to come out as well! It is a nice mix of mini-tards and GP spec bikes out there.

We have a new class this year just for the KLX, DRZ's and XR100's that will all do very well in.. it is called F3. We also have an exhibition class for the Motard 4 strokes (limited to 200cc for air cooled 4's and 150cc for all liquid cooled 4's).

If you want to see if your bike fits in any of the rules, check out the 2008 rule book here.. http://www.ohioysr.org/Rulebook2008.doc