How Many Dual Sport Riders Do We Have Here?

Casper

How did it go? Did you guys meet up? I ended up working on the Bandit all day... I think I got it squared away! Everything was melted and the sun was lovely in Marysville today.

The guy from ADV rider that rode with me today took these pictures. It was a good day of riding. Heated jacket liner took care of the cold and new Trackmaster tires took care of the snow and mud. I will post on here the next time we ride or keep a eye on the ohio thread on ADV rider.

post-11965-0-77147200-1396230549_thumb.j

post-11965-0-46723100-1396230568_thumb.j

post-11965-0-45999000-1396230586_thumb.j

The guy from ADV rider that rode with me today took these pictures. It was a good day of riding. Heated jacket liner took care of the cold and new Trackmaster tires took care of the snow and mud. I will post on here the next time we ride or keep a eye on the ohio thread on ADV rider.

Who did you ride with, and where did you guys go?

• 3 weeks later...

I would be up for one of these rides as well. If you guys are interested in an organized dual sport next month the Buckeye Dual Sporters are putting on the Hanging Rock 200 out of Lake Hope State Park. The date is March 17th and 18th. We will have a route for those that want rocks, single track and tight trails and there will be another route for the adventure bikes. Check this out for more information: 

http://www.kaeppnerswoods.com/images/hanging%20rock%20200%202014%20flier%20proof%202-page-001.jpg

JCMathis that sounds seriously fun and I think you meant May 17 and 18.  Just note that the Ohio Riders Epic Ride is the 17th, so I'm not sure my body will be up for that plus day #2 of Hanging Rock 200...  Looks like it'll be a great weekend to pick and choose from though!

JCMathis that sounds seriously fun and I think you meant May 17 and 18.  Just note that the Ohio Riders Epic Ride is the 17th, so I'm not sure my body will be up for that plus day #2 of Hanging Rock 200...  Looks like it'll be a great weekend to pick and choose from though!

Do the dual sport ride, will be more fun and much less confusing I assure you. The epic ride is an epic cluster, hence why I am not doing it again.

Yes, you are correct, May 17th and 18th. Thank you for the correction. 

Do the dual sport ride, will be more fun and much less confusing I assure you. The epic ride is an epic cluster, hence why I am not doing it again.

You make an interesting point, and i really would like to see what my CRF can do away from the streets. So are you going to Hanging Rock? If so, are you riding or trailering to it?

You make an interesting point, and i really would like to see what my CRF can do away from the streets. So are you going to Hanging Rock? If so, are you riding or trailering to it?

What is this trailer you speak of? ;) Unless it is extremely far away or must be reached by riding the super slab, I will always ride the WR. Nah that is also my Wifes Birthday weekend, if I get out to ride it will only be for a bit.

What is this trailer you speak of? ;) Unless it is extremely far away or must be reached by riding the super slab, I will always ride the WR. Nah that is also my Wifes Birthday weekend, if I get out to ride it will only be for a bit.

Happy Wife, Happy Life.  Good risk mitigation, sir!

• 1 month later...

This is what mine looked like after the Dual Sport Ride this weekend. If you did not make it down to Lake Hope for this ride you missed out on a good one unless you are one of those guys that are afraid to get dirty.

20140518_093550.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lrgtyqt3g8ao5h/20140518_093550.jpg

My new ride...

Posted Image

Very nice, I wouldn't mind owning one of those one bit...

This is what mine looked like after the Dual Sport Ride this weekend. If you did not make it down to Lake Hope for this ride you missed out on a good one unless you are one of those guys that are afraid to get dirty.

Posted Image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lrgtyqt3g8ao5h/20140518_093550.jpg

Envious! I missed Hanging Rock last weekend to ride with some friends and do some pressing yard work before it rains again. My CRF230L is much too clean.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

DS rider here too.   I hardly ever get on this site though.  :(  Too many damn forums to keep up with..lol    Sorry Pokey, like others I spend most of my time on ADVrider.  lol

I have a 2008 WR290R(X).   Dirt and Sumo wheels.

2008 KLR 650

2014 KTM 350 XCF-W

• 2 weeks later...

Any of you dual sport riders planning on doing this ride? http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1001502

Oh man I would love to do that but that's the final weekend my son is home before he goes back to Afghanistan so I want to spend that time with him. Maybe next year.

• 1 month later...