Stt Grattan 8/24 8/25 Videos

RHill

If you have some post em up here. Here are a few from 8/25. I'll be picking out a couple from 8/24 to upload a little later.

Last one is still uploading, tried something new with the editing...

Edited by RHill

Nice!   Looks like Kevin picked up the pace a little from Saturday.  I don't think I saw you guys that whole session....actually I don't remember seeing Kevin at all on Sunday.  We should have moved our parking spot up top to hang out, but lazyness took over since we left the ezup and trailer and stuff. 

Joe, thanks for sharing, that looks like it would be the 11 am session of advance on Saturday?  I was checking out the photos from Saturday; they look great!  You are absolutely nuts getting in the bowl like that, but the pictures look amazing.

I had a lot of fun that session.  You were passing people in a few spots(into 5 and 6) that I couldn't yet, forcing me to play catchup between the bowl and the bus stop.  I was loving that section of track, you can carry a ton of speed anywhere from the inside edge to the very outside.

You were also killing me on the straight.

Nice!   Looks like Kevin picked up the pace a little from Saturday.  I don't think I saw you guys that whole session....actually I don't remember seeing Kevin at all on Sunday.  We should have moved our parking spot up top to hang out, but lazyness took over since we left the ezup and trailer and stuff. 

Joe, thanks for sharing, that looks like it would be the 11 am session of advance on Saturday?  I was checking out the photos from Saturday; they look great!  You are absolutely nuts getting in the bowl like that, but the pictures look amazing.

I wouldn't say it was a big change in pace, but thanks. I found Dave (white 848 Evo) on the track and he was running better than me so he became my "rabbit" on Sunday.  We talked and with more of Craig's help we just did our own thing and pushed each other each lap.  Our best lap times were in the high :33's in the afternoon on Sunday.  The track walk with Craig on Sat. evening was worth it and then some.  Being able to see, talk about it, and ask questions was probably some of the best time I've had with any coach.

Now...I need to go find Joe's pics.

That is about the same way I progressed; I was mostly in the 36 with a couple 35's on my first visit, saturday I turned a few 31s and Sunday I broke into the 29's with a blown T1 entrance.  Pretty sure if I had another session I could have got into the low 28's or better.  I still have a lot of areas to pick up time....hell I was doing all my braking for 5 on the uphill side of the hump and coasting into it.  Everytime I waited till after it would upset the bike and I couldn't judge speed and end up parking it.  Probably should have moved into advance to have more open track to really try to cut time, but I was worried about blowing the blind turns and having other bikes close by.

There are a few other videos on youtube now....if you search for "grattan" and sort by upload date it works pretty good to find them.

That is about the same way I progressed; I was mostly in the 36 with a couple 35's on my first visit, saturday I turned a few 31s and Sunday I broke into the 29's with a blown T1 entrance.  Pretty sure if I had another session I could have got into the low 28's or better.  I still have a lot of areas to pick up time....hell I was doing all my braking for 5 on the uphill side of the hump and coasting into it.  Everytime I waited till after it would upset the bike and I couldn't judge speed and end up parking it.  Probably should have moved into advance to have more open track to really try to cut time, but I was worried about blowing the blind turns and having other bikes close by.

There are a few other videos on youtube now....if you search for "grattan" and sort by upload date it works pretty good to find them.

You can brake much deeper into 1 than you realize, and you can get on the gas almost right away since it's cambered up hill.  I think my boss has his brake marker set at the end of the inside wall when he's on it.  I do not have balls that big yet.  

I just touch the brakes going up the hill so the bike floats over the hump and coast it into T5.  You can stay to the inside without upsetting the rhythm much at all, over the hump is my favorite passing spot.