Founding Fathers Were Extremists.

Casper

Yawn... what else is new faux newz?

Typical Magz...

Here's the actual document if you have any more questions: http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2161-docs.pdf

Page 43.

As noted, an ideology is a set of political beliefs about the nature of people and society. People who are committed to an ideology seek not only to persuade but to recruit others to their belief. In U.S. history, there are many examples of extremist ideologies and movements. The colonists who sought to free themselves from British rule and the Confederate states who sought to secede from the Northern states are just two examples.

Page 45, middle of the page. 

Nowadays, instead of dressing in sheets or publicly espousing hate messages, many extremists will talk of individual liberties, states’ rights, and how to make the world a better place.
  • Upvote 3

1. Introduction
•All nations have an ideology, something in which they believe.
When a political ideology falls outside the norms of a society, it is known as extremism.
When extremists take their ideology to the next level and believe that it is the only right ideology to follow, it becomes supremism.

2. Ideology
A set of political beliefs about the nature of people and society; an organized collection of ideas about the best and most appropriate way to live.

3. Extremism
– A term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups who take a political idea to its limits, regardless of unfortunate repercussions, and show intolerance toward all views other than their own.

4. Extremist
–A person who advocates the use of force or violence; advocates supremacist causes based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or national origin; or otherwise engages to illegally deprive individuals or groups of their civil rights.

5. Supremism
–The belief that a particular race, religion, gender, species, belief system, or culture is superior to others and entitles those who identify with it to dominate, control, or rule those who do not.
A person who believes that a certain group is or should be supreme is a supremacist

I see no major faults in their definitions....do you?

1. Introduction
•All nations have an ideology, something in which they believe.
When a political ideology falls outside the norms of a society, it is known as extremism.
When extremists take their ideology to the next level and believe that it is the only right ideology to follow, it becomes supremism.

2. Ideology
A set of political beliefs about the nature of people and society; an organized collection of ideas about the best and most appropriate way to live.

3. Extremism
– A term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups who take a political idea to its limits, regardless of unfortunate repercussions, and show intolerance toward all views other than their own.

4. Extremist
–A person who advocates the use of force or violence; advocates supremacist causes based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or national origin; or otherwise engages to illegally deprive individuals or groups of their civil rights.

5. Supremism
–The belief that a particular race, religion, gender, species, belief system, or culture is superior to others and entitles those who identify with it to dominate, control, or rule those who do not.
A person who believes that a certain group is or should be supreme is a supremacist

I see no major faults in their definitions....do you?

So, you agree the founding fathers were extremists? Yikes. 

I'm somewhat glad I'm no longer in the military at my age and place in life with respect to valuing liberty and smaller federal footprint in our Republic. 

For anyone with even half of a brain and wants to call themselves an American, to even think that our founding fathers and the colonists were extremists reveals a totally fucked up worldview that is simply beyond the pale and comprehension of normal people with a functioning mental capacity. 

I'm in with the conservatives, Christians, and anyone else who values the rule of law, the Constitution, and living as free men owing nothing to anyone and more importantly, the Fed's.

• Upvote 4

So, you agree the founding fathers were extremists? Yikes. 

You don't think they were extremists? You think their ideas were completely mainstream of the day? you think their ideas were commonplace?

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...

it's all about perspective.

Extremist isn't always a bad thing...

Edited by magley64

You don't think they were extremists? You think their ideas were completely mainstream of the day? you think their ideas were commonplace?

the point you're missing, or ignoring is this:

do you, or do you not believe that it is fucked up that by currently published "warning signs" of extremists, the founding fathers of our country would have fallen into the category of "extremists"

the point you're missing, or ignoring is this:

do you, or do you not believe that it is fucked up that by currently published "warning signs" of extremists, the founding fathers of our country would have fallen into the category of "extremists"

No, I don't think it's fucked up, I think it's accurate...

Do you think extremism is always a bad thing?

• Downvote 1

So life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is an extreme viewpoint? They seem like inalienable rights to me. That is not an extremist view, unless your goal is to limit liberties.

4. Extremist

If you're declaring war against your country based on your viewpoint... yes that's a textbook extremist.

Now whether or not your position is valid, honorable, or righteous depends upon your perspective, and has nothing at all to do with whether or not it is an extremist view.

There have been plenty of honorable extremists in history: Abraham Lincoln believed slavery should be abolished, that was an extremist position, and he used military force to exercise his will on the states that disagreed with his ideology.
Edited by magley64

No, I don't think it's fucked up, I think it's accurate...

Do you think extremism is always a bad thing?

even in cases where the country they founded, and in the country in which the original constitution that they drafted (albeit with revisions that don't deviate the Bill of Rights from its original intent) is still considered the supreme law of the land, you don't think it's fucked up?

I never made a claim that extremism is always bad... i just don't think that the philosophies and ideals this country was founded on should be construed as extremist philosophies and extremis ideals.  it doesn't make any sense.

• Upvote 1

even in cases where the country they founded, and in the country in which the original constitution that they drafted (albeit with revisions that don't deviate the Bill of Rights from its original intent) is still considered the supreme law of the land, you don't think it's fucked up?

I never made a claim that extremism is always bad... i just don't think that the philosophies and ideals this country was founded on should be construed as extremist philosophies and extremis ideals.  it doesn't make any sense.

They believed what they believed with great vigor, and advocated for the use of violence to get their way... regardless of what they believed, that alone made them extremists...

Regardless of what negative connotation you have with the word extremist, it doesn't change the definition.

• Upvote 1

They believed what they believed with great vigor, and advocated for the use of violence to get their way... regardless of what they believed, that alone made them extremists...

Regardless of what negative connotation you have with the word extremist, it doesn't change the definition.

are you being intentionally obtuse?  seriously, this is why i question whether you're going all rain man minus the math tricks sometimes.

i'll try to word this so even tard can understard

ready? here we go:

it bad when founding fathers are considered bad.

it matter not if dictionary says "extremist" bad nor good.

duuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr durrr hodor hodor hodor hodorhodorhodor hodorhodorhodorhodorhodorhodor hodorhodor

do you get now?

• Upvote 3

are you being intentionally obtuse?  seriously, this is why i question whether you're going all rain man minus the math tricks sometimes.

i'll try to word this so even tard can understard

ready? here we go:

it bad when founding fathers are considered bad.

it matter not if dictionary says "extremist" bad nor good.

duuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr durrr hodor hodor hodor hodorhodorhodor hodorhodorhodorhodorhodorhodor hodorhodor

do you get now?

who said "founding father" considered "bad"?

this say "founding father" fit definition of "extremist"

You infer "extremist" considered "bad"

durdahurrdahurr

• Upvote 1

who said "founding father" considered "bad"?

this say "founding father" fit definition of "extremist"

You infer "extremist" considered "bad"

durdahurrdahurr

do your position in this is that extremists are not considered bad?

seriously, magdor?

• Upvote 1

Remember when George Costanza did everything the opposite of his instincts and life finally started working out for him?

Perhaps you should adopt the same philosophy when it comes to expressing you thoughts on politics, guns, world affairs, and even how to wire a dune buggy.

• Upvote 2

do your position in this is that extremists are not considered bad?

seriously, magdor?

Yes, Nowhere in here does it say "this is good, or this is bad" it only identifies how strongly your ideology is held, and whether you're willing to use force or violence to advocate it.

(this i what I've been saying this whole thread)

3. Extremism

4. Extremist

This isn't newsworthy...

Remember when George Costanza did everything the opposite of his instincts and life finally started working out for him?

Perhaps you should adopt the same philosophy when it comes to expressing you thoughts on politics, guns, world affairs, and even how to wire a dune buggy.

Where is the car you built? Please drive it over here so we can compare.. it doesn't exist? Oh...

Mine does, it runs, i drive it often, and i'm perfectly happy with the results...

Edited by magley64

Where is the car you built? Please drive it over here so we can compare.. it doesn't exist? Oh...

Mine does, it runs, i drive it often, and i'm perfectly happy with the results...

I not trying to kill 'Independent George,' I mas merely offering some advice to sooth you wounded soul.

I not trying to kill 'Independent George,' I mas merely offering some advice to sooth you wounded soul.

No, you're simply implying you can do something better when it's something you've never even had the courage or drive to attempt...