Has Go Pro Fixed The Hero 3 Yet???

Cdubyah

So I made mention to my buddy that I would like to have a Gro Pro Hero 3 for when I go on my Honeymoon. Mainly under water type stuff. Maybe mount it to the rental bike.

Low and behold he hands me the cash for the black edition last night before my bachelor party!!!

I'm still wanting to purchase a gro pro, but just want to make sure they fixed the damn bugs.

I don't foresee every day use from it. After the honeymoon, I will most like just use it on the bike. But I'm sure I could find other things for it.

So, feel free to sound off on your pros and cons.

I have had one since Christmas last year and have had zero problems with it. I think a lot of the issues with GoPros has been overblown. Do run any firmware updates, and don't skimp on your memory card. Get the extreme pro. Some lower end cards have difficulty handling very hi res stuff at 30 fps.

Congrats on the forthcoming nuptials, and happy honeymooning!

• Upvote 1

The Issues that I read about. But not limited to

Bricking, poor audio, shitty battery life, max amount of picture brick, firmware update failures.

Also super shitty customer service.

I like to read reviews when I'm bored at work. So I'm getting info for reviews on bestbuy, amazon, and other random places that sell it.

The Black edition had the most problems - I've had zero issues with my Silver. Heat build up was another issue that the Black had.

GoPro4 will be out shortly and most if the issues supposedly have been resolved.

Make sure you get the proper memory card. I just got the hero 3 in black to take out to saipan with me. They have lowered the price a little so they will probably be coming out with the 4 soon like someone said. It is really neat being able to use your phone to view pictures and preview video. When is your honeymoon? I can let you know how my experiance is with it.

Make sure you get the proper memory card. I just got the hero 3 in black to take out to saipan with me. They have lowered the price a little so they will probably be coming out with the 4 soon like someone said. It is really neat being able to use your phone to view pictures and preview video. When is your honeymoon? I can let you know how my experiance is with it.

October 22, so a little less than a month. 

I would like to get it, and make sure everything works to my standards before taking it, and being a paperweight.

Any recommendations on a good motorcycle mount? Planning to mount on the bars.

Ram mounts are the way to go - fully adjustable, can be put damned near anywhere, isolates vibration and cheap. Hard to beat that.

IMG_2122_zps9cbc2774.jpg

IMG_1559_zpsa3c9adc2.jpg

IMG_0093_zpsf600cf8d.jpg

You can mount the little rubber ball parts at several locations on your bike (they cost about $10 each) and then just move the arm, swivel and camera around for different viewing angles.

Edited by Earache

I would like to get one to mount to a rental bike, if they let me. How does that Ram mount do on paint and finish? Don't want to give them back their shitbox missing more paint then when it left.

Also, I like the paint on my bike too. :D

I used the U clamp RAM mount (pictured on left below) on a rental bike in England last year. Clamped around the bars and left no marks at all.

They have shitloads of different types of mounts - most won't mess up your paint or chrome parts at all. I made my own mount plates and them powdercoated them black - looks factory.

The RAM brake or clutch reservoir mount (pictured on right below)  attaches with the bolts that hold your fluid reservoirs on. I made one like these before they came out from RAM and it worked very well also.

post-9760-0-10244500-1380541688_thumb.jp

post-9760-0-22929000-1380541700_thumb.jp

Edited by Earache