Anyone have a Pebble Smartwatch?

Casper

IMO don't buy it. Saw them at CES and they seem pretty cool but they are still very limited in functionality and useability. In the next year or so, much better options will be along. The Samsung watch thing has something like a 30% return rate or something crazy like that. They just aren't worth the investment yet.

Edited by ScubaCinci

IMO don't buy it. Saw them at CES and they seem pretty cool but they are still very limited in functionality and useability. In the next year or so, much better options will be along. The Samsung watch thing has something like a 30% return rate or something crazy like that. They just aren't worth the investment yet.

The Gear is $300 and works only with the Note 3 and S4. The Pebble is $150 and works with pretty much any bluetooth phone as I understand it. $150 for a watch isn't bad at all IMO.

The Gear is $300 and works only with the Note 3 and S4. The Pebble is $150 and works with pretty much any bluetooth phone as I understand it. $150 for a watch isn't bad at all IMO.

you understand it the same as I do... the whole galaxy line is supposed to support it after the next update, and it supposedly has more features than the pebble, but not enough to justify the double price tag.

you understand it the same as I do... the whole galaxy line is supposed to support it after the next update, and it supposedly has more features than the pebble, but not enough to justify the double price tag.

Yeah, I'm not spending $300 on a novelty. LOL

As long as you are happy with a $150 watch that does little else well, have at it. I actually ordered the FitBit Force to track my daily exercise and sleep quality.

For some reason reminds me of a Swatch (age-check here). 

Does anyone really need a watch anymore, except as an accessory for going out clubbing?  And of course its got to be the biggest dinner-plate-sized chromed out chunk of bling that you can fit on a wristband....

Oh you're serious. Now it's even funnier.

Yeah tell me about it ...lol...it most of them I bought pennies on the dollar but if I would add up all of them by retail price I've probably got $7-$8 thousand dollars worth of watches. My favorite is probably my Invicta Ceramic Russian Diver with clear front and rear case. Most of them I bought in the Caribbean or on cruises where you can get them 70 to 80 percent off retail. What can I say I'm a watch nerd. Edited by 2talltim