MotoGP leather jacket, size L, $50

motociclista

Hey everyone, I've got this MotoGP brand leather jacket which looks pretty sharp, I think, but I want to get rid of it for reasons I'll explain below. It has been used for a few seasons but is fully functional and has never been down, so I'm offering it up for $50 (plus shipping if you're not local) and if nobody wants it for that price, I'll just keep it for occasional use.

MotoGP1.jpg

Size: Large (I am 5-11, 175 and it fits me just right. With the zip-in vest, I can still get a layer or two underneath, so you could be a little heavier, but not a lot.)

Features:

Zip-in vest

CE armor in elbows and shoulders, flimsy foam back pad

A little reflective piping around the white section, which doesn't show in this photo

One inside pocket, two handwarmer pockets

Condition: You can see in the photo below that the leather in the arms has some creasing, typical of leather that has a couple of years of use on it. There's also one small scuff visible in the photo that looks like white paint or something on the sleeve. Minor, but I'm in full-disclosure mode. In the photo below that, you can see one spot on the inside of the collar where the liner has pulled away, about two inches wide maybe. The inside of the collar is a little worn. Other than that, no rips or tears and all zippers work smoothly.

MotoGP4.jpg

MotoGP3.jpg

So why do I want to part with it? Two reasons. One, I just want to go all textile for the street, mainly so I don't have to carry a rain suit, and leave the leather for the track. But the other reason is that there's one thing I don't like about the jacket. As you can see in the photo below, there's a strip around the chest, front and back, that is perforated. It is about 4.5 inches tall all the way around. It is not enough perforation to make the jacket comfortable on really hot summer days, but it slightly reduces the usefulness of the jacket in the cold, and I ride year round. The vest blocks most of that breeze (and not much gets through the small perf area anyway), but it still annoys me. If you're not as easily annoyed as me, or if you don't ride in really cold weather, maybe this jacket is for you. I'd just rather it go to someone who can use it than have it take up space here.

MotoGP2.jpg

• 3 months later...