Pulled over

R1Limited

Got pulled over on 315 Last night for having the front wheel up. Didn't try to run or anything just pulled over and showed him the key. Cop was very cool- I was in the wrong and he still cut me a break. No need to run= just man up and pretend you're responsible.

My experience with Columbus Police has never been that bad- But Troopers will nail your ass to the wall!

A few years back I was showing my ass on the street and was caught by a FL Statie for carrying the front wheel. I did it in the almost the worst place possible in Jax, yet she let me go with a warning and a write up to get, of all things, my front tire replaced because of wear. Now, at the time I was in the Marines, so I don't know if the green ID card helped or not. (Jacksonville is a heavy duty military town.)

So R1, I agree that you did the right thing and stood tall for the man.

He let me go with a warning. I had my old Military ID in my wallet and when he noticed it he warmed up a little bit. I never whip it out to try to get out of a ticket, but if they notice it i think most officers give a little more slack.

Yeah- if you know anyone looking for a 2006 LE let me know. Great condition, I have no real use for Ohlins suspension, mag wheels and a slipper.

He let me go with a warning. I had my old Military ID in my wallet and when he noticed it he warmed up a little bit. I never whip it out to try to get out of a ticket, but if they notice it i think most officers give a little more slack.

Yeah- if you know anyone looking for a 2006 LE let me know. Great condition, I have no real use for Ohlins suspension, mag wheels and a slipper.

yeah theres a whole thread discussing your bike. i think it was decided that you could easily get a newer bike that was better and for less money...sorry bout your luck :D

A couple of guys I work with were riding last week and they went to pass a semi on 70 and a state boy was behind them apperently they had not seen him and the cop ended up getting tag numbers well one ran and one pulled over. The one who pulled over the trooper told him to have his buddy call the number on his buisness card or they would put a warrent out for his arrest. Well Mike ended up calling the trooper and had to go in to talk to him in person he just gave him a warning and said next time it would be alot worse for him. Just a FYI.

Well Mike ended up calling the trooper and had to go in to talk to him in person he just gave him a warning and said next time it would be alot worse for him. Just a FYI.

AMAZING! I never heard of such a thing. AWESOME! That is one lucky feller!:eek:

AMAZING! I never heard of such a thing. AWESOME! That is one lucky feller!:eek:
Its a good thing he followed up and called felony eluding damn nothin but trouble man. Dustin the one who actually pulled over said all he was going to do was warn them anyways. to slow down 86 in a 65.

Its a good thing he followed up and called felony eluding damn nothin but trouble man. Dustin the one who actually pulled over said all he was going to do was warn them anyways. to slow down 86 in a 65.

I can't believe he still jetted when the cop was right behind them and already had his plate. He messed up and still got lucky.