I just bought leathers.

RSparky

Putnam is probably the best combination of close and affordable for you.

Mid-Ohio is closer, but also the most expensive track day around.  Plus it's worthless in the rain, whereas Putnam is still rideable.

If you want to come up to Nelson Ledges for a MotoSeries day, you won't find a cheaper track or a more fun paddock.  If I can get it running and track-safe, I'll bring the Nighthawk out in Beginner (maybe even Intermediate) and see if I can't embarrass some people on real sportbikes :D

Putnam is close. I guess I need to start doing some research on the trackday orgs.

you may as well post that in the politics forum ;-)

There are differences, but ultimately it's the same track regardless of who you are riding it with.  I split my riding time between NESBA, STT, and MotoSeries, because those were the orgs that ran dates close to me.  Which one I ended up attending almost always came down to scheduling and cost. 

I don't know which orgs run Putnam these days.  MotoSeries has been there at least once a summer for hte last couple of years, but NESBA used to do a lot of dates there, and then shut down their midwest region, so that's out.  Indy Ducati has done dates there as well.  They might be your best bet as far as number of dates.

Edited by redkow97

Mid-Ohio is closer, but also the most expensive track day around.

I always hear people say this but when you factor in MO provides lunch it's not that much more for just the track day. They also provide bottled water which isn't much money but a nice perk. The rest of the equation depends on your distance from the track. For me in Columbus and getting 10mpg trailering up its by far cheaper to go to MO than any other track. That's the main reason I haven't gone to Putnam or grattan yet.

No gate fee, provided lunch, sometimes free shirts....it all balances out and becomes dependent on gas money/time getting too and from the track.  

If they offer the Mid-winter discount on gift certs again, I'll be picking up a few more.

Gas money is a valid consideration for those getting 10mpg with an enclosed trailer.

I get more like 20-23 with my setup, and the weather risk at Mid-O has cost me a full day of riding in the past.

I'll ride in the wet literally anywhere else.

Another advantage to the gift certificate deal....used mine a day in advance with no late fee penalty, as long as they are not full they will take the cert.  I'll never ride Mid-O in the wet, mornings after a cold night are bad enough.

Another advantage to the gift certificate deal....used mine a day in advance with no late fee penalty, as long as they are not full they will take the cert. I'll never ride Mid-O in the wet, mornings after a cold night are bad enough.

I just emailed them to see if they are doing the GC special again. I thought I remember getting an email about this back in Oct saying they were but?

Another advantage to the gift certificate deal....used mine a day in advance with no late fee penalty, as long as they are not full they will take the cert.  I'll never ride Mid-O in the wet, mornings after a cold night are bad enough.

Yep, the frequent rider program is nice also. No late fees, I would sign up the day before after I knew what the weather looked like and pay regular price.

I just emailed them to see if they are doing the GC special again. I thought I remember getting an email about this back in Oct saying they were but?

Last year it was a coupon code 25RIDING13.....

I would try 25RIDING14  

;)

where do we get these gift certificates? 

http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Motorcycle-Riding-Courses/Performance-Track-Riding/Gift-Certificate---Performance-Track-Riding---Stan

http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Motorcycle-Riding-Courses/Performance-Track-Riding/Gift-Certificate---Max-Time-Twilight---Performance

Who wants to take a newb to a track this year?! I'll split whatever costs/ whore my butt out upon request.

Woot.

if your still in dayton- im in troy. I have truck, trailer and I'm set up for three bikes. If you wanted to split fuel costs, we could certainly figure something out. 

• Upvote 1