Dog Needs Help

ScubaCinci

Saw this on the new channel site...I feel horrible for what seems like a great dog. If anyone else is interested in helping out:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/news-northern-kentucky/nky-hospital-looking-for-help-after-taking-in-burned-dog/-/13608792/23655398/-/p045jfz/-/index.html

A Northern Kentucky animal hospital is looking for help as it treats a burned patient.

"Edison," also called "Eddie," suffered burns over nearly 3/4ths of his body in a house fire earlier this month when he was hit by burning debris.

Unable to care for the 2-year-old Labrador Retriever or afford his treatment, the owner turned Eddie over to Park Hills Animal Hospital.

Alysha Feldkamp said the hospital is using laser treatment and medicated baths to help Eddie heal and deal with the pain.

"He has to keep a T-shirt on to hold in moisture and has to be changed a few times a day. He has the sweetest personality for a dog in so much pain," Feldkamp wrote in an e-mail.

Eddie is expected to recover and will be available for adoption when he has healed, Feldcamp said. But getting him to that point will require medication and surgeries that will likely cost thousands of dollars, even with veterinarians donating their time to help, Feldcamp said.

Doctors said his treatment could last up to six months.

The hospital is seeking help paying for Eddie's treatments. Anyone wishing to help can call 859-581-5200, email Phahvet@gmail.com, or visit the hospital at 1555 Dixie Highway.

Edited by ScubaCinci

at the risk of shamelessly promoting my wife's employer, this is the kind of story that shuts people up when they laugh at pet insurance.

The decision should always be about what's best for the animal, not about how much it's going to cost.  www.embracepetinsurance.com

If your dog had the same financial means and mental capacity that you do, wouldn't he insure you?

at the risk of shamelessly promoting my wife's employer, this is the kind of story that shuts people up when they laugh at pet insurance.

The decision should always be about what's best for the animal, not about how much it's going to cost.  www.embracepetinsurance.com

If your dog had the same financial means and mental capacity that you do, wouldn't he insure you?

We looked at insurance once but it's been quite awhile. I'll have a look.

Also, it looks like there is a list of potential adopters which is great...we are one of them and also donated some money. I had to restrain the wife...if it was up to her, she would hand them her credit card and tell them to do what it takes.