NYST Groupon

TRMN8TR

Found this Groupon on another forum. Great deal for anyone considering making the trip to New York Safety Track in 2014. If some of you other guys would commit, I'd buy the 2 day package and go with...

In short:

$149 for a 1 year membership (reg $99) plus 1 trackday. Membership gives you access to "members only" days.

$229 for a 1 year membership plus 2 trackdays.

If you aren't a member, their trackdays normally run $220 a day.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/new-york-safety-track-1-boston?utm_source=rvs&utm_medium=afl&utm_campaign=3515526

Was a big write up on this place on Wera, sounded cool, but not ultimately safe, then again we raced at Nelson so what can you say lol.

I believe this is run similar to how Putnam was, basically private track days, no real organizations rent it or coach, but just their own crew.  Not like a MotoSeries or STT.  That wqas at least my take on it.

Always wanted to ride it, but definitely wanted to see it first as some of the peoples write ups on Wera were a bit concerning(from me that takes a lot to concern about safety).

Was a big write up on this place on Wera, sounded cool, but not ultimately safe, then again we raced at Nelson so what can you say lol.

I believe this is run similar to how Putnam was, basically private track days, no real organizations rent it or coach, but just their own crew.  Not like a MotoSeries or STT.  That wqas at least my take on it.

Always wanted to ride it, but definitely wanted to see it first as some of the peoples write ups on Wera were a bit concerning(from me that takes a lot to concern about safety).

Any chance you have a link to the write up?  I've done a few searches and haven't hit on anything really relevant.  

I remember one organization on the NYST schedule last year.  Maybe NESBA, not sure tho.

It's buried in a "New Track" or something thread, basically just said there isn't enough run off that Wera would ever consider racing there or anything currently.  They said there is room for it, but not done yet.  There wasn't too many people that had run it then though since it's new, so they might take some of that info and make some changes.

I watched some vids and read some and it sounds legit though, just that trees and stuff are too close right now to be considered "safe".  Wera does have a little tighter tolerence on that, but even I was thinking some of the trees were a tad close for comfort.

I can say if I had my bike or a bike still, I would be in on this like the smell on my shit, cuz it's a killer deal, minus that it's forever away and a more boring drive than Jennings is lol.  But I have family I could stop and see over there so it wouldn't be a total waste, otherwise, it's about as fun as driving west on 70 to Colorado(not that far though).

But like I said, I'd be in like flynn on this deal, if..... 

Cool, I knew about the run off from watching the videos....thought maybe there was something else.  Lots of trees, a gully or two and a couple places that look like you could run off the track onto another section heading the opposite direction.

About 7 hours from Cleveland....from what I read; members don't have to pay camping or gate fees either....this is a hell of a deal.

It's basically good through the 2014 season, whenever their last event is.

Meant the groupon deal; never purchased one before and didn't know how long it stays available to purchase.

Thanks for posting this by the way; can't wait to hit some new tracks.

You should join in Jerry to !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on hanging out with you guys this duh next year. Maybe the bug will bite me who knows. Wife says I need another hobby when I retire. Need to find a TZ 250. The smell of Bel Ray makes my wiener tingle.

I plan on hanging out with you guys this duh next year. Maybe the bug will bite me who knows. Wife says I need another hobby when I retire. Need to find a TZ 250. The smell of Bel Ray makes my wiener tingle.

You know my bike is ways open to you to take on the track whenever you want buddy.

I could be potentially starting a new job in February (which will reek havok on my track day schedule)  Since I live outside the core area where everyone seems to be going to or coming from it makes it difficult to share rides to tracks such as putnam & gratten.  Where I have the upper hand is Summit and Thunderbolt ya gotta drive past me to get there.  Maybe during the first event this season we can review the track schedules together,  formulate a transportation plan and book right then.    I have spoke to numerous CR's for NESBA and they loved the track, very technical in the turns basically you never get of third gear until the straight.  The asphalt seems good.  Wanted to go last year to check it out but scheduling conflicts between Motoseries and NESBA mad it difficult.  I'm not sure how they will do it this year but NESBA pulled alot of Beaver Event to run NYST (I'm sure they will do the same this year).  I'm into running other tracks as long as I can find guys to share traveling costs with.  

Edited by RonStopable