Help selecting cordless drill

chevysoldier

You sure the lifetime warranty on the batteries isn't referring to the batteries have a 3 year lifetime? If its a true as long as you own it warranty that's impressive. Darn replacement batteries cost more than the drill normally.

You sure the lifetime warranty on the batteries isn't referring to the batteries have a 3 year lifetime? If its a true as long as you own it warranty that's impressive. Darn replacement batteries cost more than the drill normally.

Yep. post-10969-0-55712000-1410572374_thumb.j

I have the "Compact" version of that drill & impact, and I've loved them.  I used them daily as a field tech.

One of the other field techs in my region has the same set you bought.  He beats on them, treats them like crap, throws them into his tool bag from the top of the ladder, etc etc.  They've always worked great for me and him.  Most the tools I ended up buying are Rigid, which is owned by Home depot, I think?  Anyway, I have a bunch of other stuff from them and it's all worked great for me (Thanks, former company of mine for buying my all my tools!)

• Upvote 1

I just gave away a rigid kit. The lifetime warranty on the batteries included a card you had to fill out and register within two weeks. It got there in two weeks and a day. No Lifetime warranty. The batteries lasted about a year.

Make sure you register them right away.

I just gave away a rigid kit. The lifetime warranty on the batteries included a card you had to fill out and register within two weeks. It got there in two weeks and a day. No Lifetime warranty. The batteries lasted about a year.

Make sure you register them right away.

I already did the online part, I'll send in the receipt tomorrow. My paperwork ays i 90 days to register. Had no problem registering my Ridgid generator, maybe they don't like you? Lol

I own and we use Rigid 18v Lithium Ion drills and impact guns on the race car and sometimes go several days without a full charge being used almost all day. They also are just tossed in and yanked out of the tool box, not well taken care of, and not treated like I treat mine at home. I can 100% say these things take a severe beating and for the price we love them. We carry 2 drills and 2 impact drivers and 6 batteries with 2 chargers. Never had a single problem with them.

^^ I'm with this guy.

I use a DeWalt impact and hammer drill all day, every day. I drop it all the time, abuse it, toss it in the van. Change the battery once a month. Awesome equipment. All my stuff is refurb since my company owns DeWalt, so it's all tools somebody else beat the shit out of before I got it.

Say what you will, but you can't beat DeWalt for quality.

Tool wars....

Ridgid gets their power tools from TTI, who's an importer, and slaps their ridgid brand on it.

Not that anyone cares but TTI is who bought Hoovers, shutting the door on the long time plant in North Canton and eliminated a lot of models also shifting their business to over seas imports and to Mexico.

Doubt there's an American made drill anyways.

• 5 weeks later...

My craftsman shit the bed and I borrowed my buddy's DeWalt drill and circular saw yesterday.

He dropped the drill off my deck roof onto the pavement below. Barely a scratch. I was also impressed with the battery life as the circular saw was making 4' and 8' cuts all day for the roof decking.