Wanted: Buell 1125CR

just_some_dude

The 1125R was raced in DSB and AMA Superbike. There were 2 different states of tune that fit the rules for each class. I believe that was also true for the Aprilia RSV1000.

The torque curve was very flat. From the butt dyno, it pulled like a freight train from under 4k. There is power across the whole rev range. The motor on my CBR is docile by comparison.

If memory serves, I believe the 1125 won 1 or 2 NHRA Drag Racing Championships.

I might be wrong on this,but I believe the NHRA Buell used the HD motor,not the Rotax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Why did he put the luggage up front?

... I ... can't .... stop ... myself.....

Uhh, well, we needed to move the luggage to the front so your mom could have room to hang over the side while riding on the back (she's a little on the big side). ;) Good thing I have all these extra horses to carry her around. She's happy, but you know, use 'em and lose 'em.

Do yourself a favor and pull the license plate light and the two, 5 watt bulbs next to the headlight.  It saves something like 1.1 amps, which actually makes a difference when the relay shuts off 1 phase of the stator.

Yeah, I need to do a bit more research in the whole stator process. I knew it was a issue, but didn't know exactly what was up. I noticed some people were replacing the rotor. To my brief understanding so far the stator is getting too hot? Machining holes in the rotor seemed to fix that issue?

I am still looking into it.