Question for Racers

Cleaner

So I was watching Moto GP and I've always wondered why Dani Pedrosa takes his foot completely off the peg before making a turn. I think its usually his inside leg that he does it with. Anyone know why he does this? I am just guessing that its to give his little ass a bit more leverage in getting the bike to lean into the corner but I'm not sure. Just curious.

I heard the announcers in a race before say it's just a bad habit/involuntary reaction that Rossi does now and then. Their legs aren't extended out like a motard racer, it's more just hanging off. If they hit their foot like that it will be a violent push upward on the bike, which will knock them way off line. Just what I get from watching it and what I was told by the announcers before.

If we wait alittle while Lizard will tell us why.

It is because cocks like Balboa think they are funny...:rolleyes:

It's to simply reposition their foot. They take the foot out from under the shifter as they use the GP shift pattern (1 up and the rest down) so when they down shift, they are pulling up on the lever and take their foot out from under to clear and back on the peg...

Now, if you want to know how to act like a tough guy with nothing to offer, Rocky will chime in, I am sure...

I heard the announcers in a race before say it's just a bad habit/involuntary reaction that Rossi does now and then. Their legs aren't extended out like a motard racer, it's more just hanging off. If they hit their foot like that it will be a violent push upward on the bike, which will knock them way off line. Just what I get from watching it and what I was told by the announcers before.

You're right... I think it is more habit than anything, but what typically happens is if they get their foot struck while leaning over like you are saying - it will sit them up and cause issue... Taking the foot cleanly off and repositioning it on top securely prevents this...

Although I have seen Rossi a few times when he is already in hot and off line he puts it out to catch it. Mostly I see this at Estoril with Rossi (first time was his coming together with Gibernau), and his leg you can tell he is preparing to loose the front.

But Lizard hit the nail, they are only repositioning their foot back on the peg out of the way. Some do it without taking the foot off and some take it off.

Whatever ASS.You're the track instructor. You would know better than anyone else on here.

Oh, I figured you were being your normal wise ass self. You actually were genuine with your remark?

Yeah, right... Can't take the heat back, shut up and let the big kids play...

Although I have seen Rossi a few times when he is already in hot and off line he puts it out to catch it. Mostly I see this at Estoril with Rossi (first time was his coming together with Gibernau), and his leg you can tell he is preparing to loose the front.

But Lizard hit the nail, they are only repositioning their foot back on the peg out of the way. Some do it without taking the foot off and some take it off.

That doesn't explain why they'd do it on the brake side. I thought they did it to put weight on the outside peg to prevent loosing it if going in hot. Probably still bad technique more than anything.

Oh, I figured you were being your normal wise ass self. You actually were genuine with your remark?

Yeah, right... Can't take the heat back, shut up and let the big kids play...

No seriously I wanted an actual reason for that kind of movement.I thought you would know. It was not meant sarcasticaly.

That doesn't explain why they'd do it on the brake side. I thought they did it to put weight on the outside peg to prevent loosing it if going in hot. Probably still bad technique more than anything.

Well most of these guys are using the rear brake so they use the same method left or right leg to get their inside foot exactly where they want it for each corner.

At the lean angles they are doing this move at, their bike will not lose the front. They will more then like flip over. The GP guys are braking harder then most street riders do straight up and down at 20-30 degrees of lean angle.

I've never seen it on the brake side at all... Got a clip for review? Never seen it, though I am sure it may have happened. Again, possible idea is that the rider pulls the foot up and off to reposition it, but honestly, I wouldn't know why on the brake (right) side...

No seriously I wanted an actual reason for that kind of movement.I thought you would know. It was not meant sarcasticaly.

Well, than I honestly apologize. Sorry.

It's too often that a few of us kinda give each other a lot of shit and I was being defensive. My bad...