How to build a patio when bugging out.

Gump

Yes. Because when the world is ending, the first thing I'm going to worry about is how to build a nice patio.

Exactly, because there won't be gas for the lawn mower.

It's done more like this. Most of the third world makes adobe bricks of various sizes.

321338240_954c6c424a.jpg?v=0

http://static.flickr.com/125/321338240_954c6c424a.jpg?v=0

If you want an excruciating  seven page detailed methods, check here at Mother Earth News:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/green-homes/making-adobe-bricks-zmaz81mazraw.aspx#axzz2zSqCN3tR

I'm more of a bug in kinda guy.

You ever get a transfer switch installed for an emergency backup genny?

When we move next month I want to do it for sure, just for the bare minimum, but wasn't sure if you had a guy.  I am sure Bowdog does if not ;) Or even Maxpower(but I hear he likes guys). 

You ever get a transfer switch installed for an emergency backup genny?

When we move next month I want to do it for sure, just for the bare minimum, but wasn't sure if you had a guy.  I am sure Bowdog does if not ;) Or even Maxpower(but I hear he likes guys). 

I have not. If you find a guy let me know. 

I'll have a guy by mid June for sure, this is an already approved mod.

Actually FWIW Costco on Morse(Maybe Polaris too) has a 7K Natural Gas/Propane genny WITH Transfer switch included for something stupid, like 3300 bucks or something. 

Guy on Craigs has the same deal but uh, 2100, thinking they "Fell off a truck" and never quite made delivery.....  For 2100, may have to look into that, as it would power the whole house easily.  My 4K peak will do what I want, which is just fridge, deep freeze, and enough plugs and lights to make due, plus microwave.  Figure I can make frozen dinners for a long time if needed.

After water, food, and shelter, there are few things more important in a survival scenario than staving off boredom. 

Projects keep your mind active and your morale up.  A patio wouldn't be at the top of my list, but after months or years, who knows?

I have not. If you find a guy let me know.

I did my own in my house and at work 10 years ago . Very very simple at the fuse box. Your generator line to the outside of your house might be a pain if you have to fish the heavy gauge wire, if not, very simple as well. With this unit www.electricgeneratordepot.com/reliance-controls-indoor-transfer-switch-5000w-20216a?CAWELAID=230006220000000007&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CMHMls2H9b0CFcyhOgod3UgAbA

The ROI is looking better for solar. I want to feed electric back to the capitalistic bastards at the electric company. I'm contemplating solar with no batteries involved, so that during the 2600 hours per year of sunlight, when no one is home, they pay me. $15,000 in a panel kit gets me about a 7 year payback, not counting inflation. I broke it down down to the kWh produced vs. What I use along with the warranty period in mind.

Edited by Gump

I did my own in my house and at work 10 years ago . Very very simple at the fuse box. Your generator line to the outside of your house might be a pain if you have to fish the heavy gauge wire, if not, very simple as well. With this unit www.electricgeneratordepot.com/reliance-controls-indoor-transfer-switch-5000w-20216a?CAWELAID=230006220000000007&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CMHMls2H9b0CFcyhOgod3UgAbA

The ROI is looking better for solar. I want to feed electric back to the capitalistic bastards at the electric company. I'm contemplating solar with no batteries involved, so that during the 2600 hours per year of sunlight, when no one is home, they pay me. $15,000 in a panel kit gets me about a 7 year payback, not counting inflation. I broke it down down to the kWh produced vs. What I use along with the warranty period in mind.

Did a loan for a guy who did that.  Had enough solar panels on his roof to power like his whole block or some crazy shit.  He wasn't getting a ton, but it was true income and counted towards his DTI.  However when we told him we couldn't do his loan because it wasn't installed up to code, he flipped a lid.  

1 thing I don't ever mess with past a socket or plug is electric.  Scares the hell out of me.

Interesting, I'm not sure if my electric coop supports it now. 5 years ago they didn't. There's gubment rebates/tax credits as well. Those solar leasing companies are bastards, they know there's money in it and they take a cut while still lowering your overall electric bill.