WTB Gear Indicator for CBR600RR

lowcel

Just saw that you did both.  I could not edit above - good luck.  I am also thinking of a gear indicator.  Yesterday at Nelson, I was in 1st and didn't realize it, banged the throttle and did a wheelie down the front straight.  OK, just for a few feet, but it was a surprise!

Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate them.

I accidentally went to first for a turn after the straight at my last track day.  I'm sure it had a lot to do with inexperience but I would like to be able to know what gear I am at a glance in case I'm not sure next time.

I had one on my 2003, but I don't recall what brand...

There is a guy who makes LED shift lights and gear indicators for cheap though.

Have any more information on the guy that makes the gear indicators?

Try searching for LED shift lights.

The only annoyance I had with my gear indicator was it would "hunt" while the clutch was pulled in.

I believe it "knows" what gear you're in by reading the rpm and speed. So when you pull the clutch, it reads 0 rpm during that time, and just displays a flashing 0

Try searching for LED shift lights.

The only annoyance I had with my gear indicator was it would "hunt" while the clutch was pulled in.

I believe it "knows" what gear you're in by reading the rpm and speed. So when you pull the clutch, it reads 0 rpm during that time, and just displays a flashing 0

Thank you.

I have been busy at work this morning, but I'll check at lunch for the one I had.  The generic Amazon gear indicator should work fine though.  Some work on engine RPM and speed, and others just "count" how many up and down shifts you make. 

shouldn't be too expensive though.

I have been busy at work this morning, but I'll check at lunch for the one I had. The generic Amazon gear indicator should work fine though. Some work on engine RPM and speed, and others just "count" how many up and down shifts you make.

shouldn't be too expensive though.

Thanks, let me know. Otherwise I'll just order an Engear (Starlane) later today.

Healtech GiPro if you don't want a delay on the readout after gear changes.

Thanks. I have looked at that one but I would prefer not to spend quite that much if not necessary.