Exmark ztr mowers

cmh_sprint

LT1000 with a 17.5 Briggs and Scrapiron?  (That's what I have, and it has been a HUGE PITA for the past couple year.)

Ding ding ding!! We have a winnar!!

I broke down yesterday and did what we've been telling the kid to do for a week which is pull the damn carb and clean it (which he has never done but said he had).  No dice on getting it running.  So I ask him again if he checked for spark.  "Well...yeah it should be getting it."  That's not what I fucking asked.  I pulled the new plug out, it's wet so it's not a fueling issue but it's never sparked it appears.  Hook it to the wire and ground while turning it over.  Nothing...no spark at all.  At least the parts are ordered to replace the pickup, coil and wire.  If that doesn't fix it I got an offer letter from Home Depot for 24mo. no interest on $1999 or more which I'll be using to pick up a new damn mower I guess.

Ding ding ding!! We have a winnar!!

I broke down yesterday and did what we've been telling the kid to do for a week which is pull the damn carb and clean it (which he has never done but said he had).  No dice on getting it running.  So I ask him again if he checked for spark.  "Well...yeah it should be getting it."  That's not what I fucking asked.  I pulled the new plug out, it's wet so it's not a fueling issue but it's never sparked it appears.  Hook it to the wire and ground while turning it over.  Nothing...no spark at all.  At least the parts are ordered to replace the pickup, coil and wire.  If that doesn't fix it I got an offer letter from Home Depot for 24mo. no interest on $1999 or more which I'll be using to pick up a new damn mower I guess.

Damn, money bags.

I have been shocked with my LT1000, 11 years with the oil changed every once and a while. I though for sure the thing would explode by now.

Trust me...the absolute last thing I want to do is buy a new fucking mower.  If it comes down to it you might not see me at the track the rest of the season.  The damn kid will spend stupid money on parts for his old POS truck but ask him to clean off the mower before putting it away.  Oh no...not a chance, don't have time for that gotta run to pick up his poon.  Hey, clean up the new chainsaw I bought after you're done with it....nope.  Fuck, the damn deck on the mower is rusted out because he won't pull it off to clean it.  Then he proceeds to tell us that it needs a new deck.  I think this is the first time he's ever changed the oil in the damn thing since we took the house over 2 years ago.  He just doesn't give a shit and we're paying the price for it.  But he'll get what's coming to him soon enough...little asshole.

:D

I make my boy scrape the deck after every mow and told him if he tears it up goofing around, there is a shiny new push mower in the shed with his name on it. Don't think he wants to push mow 2.2 acres.

• Upvote 1