Jackson township field of heroes

Gixxus Christ!

They do this every year and it's a nice event. 100's of American flags set up in the lawn of the Jackson twp safety administration building. You come and buy a flag to dedicate to a personal hero; could be a veteran or parent or whoever and write up that dedication. They attach it to your flag and it flies over the weekend, then when they're taken down after the holiday you can pick it up or have it shipped to you or whoever. This will be my second year volunteering there. The money raised goes to local charities.

http://www.jacksontwp.com/Downloads/2963_SaveTheDate_HR.pdf

I'll be working it Fri from noon til 2 pm but come any time if you want to participate.

The family will be there. We drive by it on the way to the Y. First time I saw it we were just driving by. People can just walk through all these flags and when to realize there are names attached to these flags it sends chills of patriotism through you. Then you remember that memorial day is not about bbqs and an extra day off.