Haspin?

400exc

DO NOT leave anything you value unattended!!!!

Break down on the trail someone stays with your broken shit. It will be gone scavenged or burnt if not.

Exactly what Whaler said. Whatch Mad Max movies before you go. Adopt a kid that can chuck a boomerang.

Enjoy and stay safe.

• Upvote 2

bunch of drunks there...I nearly got killed on my quad by a drunk and obviously underage teen rampaging around in a big 4x4. It appeared his rule was, I'm going where I want so get out of the way. Best bet is to get there early in the morning while the drunks are sleeping it off. I'd much rather go to Big Rock in Maysville.

bunch of drunks there...I nearly got killed on my quad by a drunk and obviously underage teen rampaging around in a big 4x4. It appeared his rule was, I'm going where I want so get out of the way. Best bet is to get there early in the morning while the drunks are sleeping it off. I'd much rather go to Big Rock in Maysville.

I hear this story all too often, besides that, I'm pretty sure big rock is closed now.

My trick is to stay away from the idiot hangouts (like shoetree, backbone, fire loop, parking lot, and mx tracks). That sounds like it doesn't leave much, but it actually leaves about 600 acres of good technical trail riding.

Haspin isn't fast, and it isn't single track or organized, but there are some good technical spots to sharpen skills.

If you find arrows stapled to trees, follow them. You found the hare scramble course, which is a good ride.

Once nighttime hits: that's when you hit the loop and cruise to shoe tree. Good times watching the people of haspin.

I've been almost hit/run over almost everywhere I've ridden off road... kinda comes with the territory.

Big Rock closed??? :angry:  Oh man, I didn't hear that. That was my favorite place to ride because it's relatively close to me and the riders there all seemed courteous and respectful. Anyone know why they closed?

*EDIT*

Hmmm...I guess this is why...that sucks

http://www.maysville-online.com/news/local/changes-coming-to-big-rock-off-road-park/article_e23a4609-dd5c-5bf6-ad27-7d231be6ea19.html

Edited by ScubaCinci

I wonder if he was forced to turn his land over to be made into a preserve?

It's going to a public school first, then it'll be turned over as some sort of gov't owned public land.

There's no way the land will generate the revenue in this form as it did as an off road park.

Even if he gets to keep the portion that he uses as a zip line park, I couldn't see it beig as profitable.

The article even starts off "the popular off road park"