MotoSeries Nelson Ledges June 7-8

RHill

Sean on Wera takes stuff like that WAY too serious.  Todd will work with them 100% and get them the same dates(weekend really as dates change) as they have always had.  It's a money maker for sure for Nelson and I am sure Todd will find a food vendor for that weekend and make money there too.

Todd is obviously a very smart man when it comes to making money because honestly, there is no way Motoseries would survive if he wasn't.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more bike and car events he can get booked the better. Moto Series and it's riders/racers can't afford to book the track and race every weekend, and we wouldn't want to ride at nothing but Nelson's anyway. So the next best thing is get in more race org's to fill the schedule and bring in money to the track. Don't see why Todd would want to screw WERA out of a date they've been running for a long time. It doesn't benefit Moto Series or NL.

I agree that Todd isn't going to intentionally pull anything sneaky or unethical.  I don't know him well, but everything I know about Todd suggests he's completely trustworthy.

That said, the potential is there, and that was all Sean brought up.  He didn't say he expects issues.  He didn't say he had a problem with the situation.  He just pointed out the potential for a conflict of interest.  

WERA and MotoSeries are competitors.  I'm sure the same thoughts would cross Todd's mind if Sean had been appointed as track manager.  I am hopeful it remains a non-issue.

Edited by redkow97

Mock starts.  The launch was fun with Matt, Brandon and myself all lined up on the front row.  Made the mistake of shifting down into 2nd in t4 and the carousel...twice!  Not getting into 4th out of the gate really messed me up...lesson learned.