Ethernet - Cat-5 cable

Josh1234

I have 10 assorted boxes of Ethernet cable left over from my last job.  Some are boxes of 500 feet, some are boxes of 1,000 feet.  Some opened, some not.  I'll be happy to sell these at dirt-cheap prices to anyone on OR if you need them.  

If there's interest, I'll get lengths in each box.

ebyratan.jpg

Can tackle this project tomorrow and do research on prices unless someone beats me to it. For now, here's a pic of the random ten boxes. Am really just trying out tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not look like it on those boxes i can see, but is any of it plenum rated?

Pretty sure those are all unshielded cat5e.

Yeah, no use for data center ;)

Or public buildings.

One box is Plenum!  The Berk-tek box is plenum, & has 568 feet left.  Here's everything I have in total, cat-5 wise (I also have some sealed pre-terminated long-ass ethernet cables).

The good stuff:

2x 1,000 foot boxes, unopened.

1x box Plenum rated, 568 feet left.

3x boxes unopened 500 feet.

The other stuff:

522 feet (blue)

882 feet (blue)

934 feet (gray)

216 feet (gray).

Sealed male-to-male ethernet cabbles:

2x white 100 footers

2x gray 100 footers

2x gray 50 footers.

Ugh, prices.  I'm not trying to highball anyone, but I can't sell 1,000 feet for $20, either.  It's the Jew in me :)  I'll still beat Rakuten's price, though, since Casper PM'd me about it. (HOW is it so cheap there?)

Let's say... If you come pick it up, or meet me somewhere close, $30 for a 1,000 foot box.  I dunno, $25 for a 500 footer I guess.  The box with 522 feet left in it we'll call a 500 foot box, and the 934 & 882 foot boxes we'll say are $25 if you're buying another 1,000 footer, and a full $30 if you're not.  That way there's incentive to buy more, so I have to do less selling :)  If anyone wants to buy all this crap as a lot, I'll cut prices by a lot. 

RFID tags (from the other thread) I said I'd sell for $20 a box, but if you're buying at least $50 in cat-5, I'll knock off $5.  If you just want a few to fuck around with and you're buying cat-5, then free.  

What is a fair price for the box of Plenum cable?  I don't know how much more it normally costs, so I'll just ask what's fair.  

For the sealed 100 & 50 foot cat-5 cables, I guess $20 each for the 100 footers and 10 bucks for the 50 footers?

If there's any interest in termination jacks for cat-5 cable, let me know, I have a box full.  I also have some 25 foot & 50 foot and maybe a 100 foot VGA cable if someone really wants it... they're just sitting in my tool closet for potential future use, but if someone makes me a decent offer i could probably be persuaded to let them go.  

I'm really not looking to ship any of this stuff, but I'm willing to work with you on pickup/delivery.  

Pictures coming up in a few minutes.  

• 3 weeks later...

Time to find out if this stuff is worth scrapping.  I'd rather haul it to a scrap yard than mail it somewhere :p

I work in Warrensville Hts, is this material in Lyndhurst.  I would be down for a box or 2 of this stuff.

Yep, Lyndhurst.   

I can normally make it home by 5:45 if then or shortly after works best.  Thinking about 500 or 1000 foot boxes? 

I would be lookin at a 1000' and maybe a 800 or 900' box also.  I'm dropping you a PM with an idea.