Remember when the Repubs were screaming that Obama...

Tonik

"Our" oil.  Damn.  We're in the company of an oil baron here!

Two Clinton wells, thank you.  Baron would hardly be an accurate description though...at least until I have a couple laterals running under me.  

I remember 0.99 a gallon when I started driving.

Lowest I ever personally bought it was at .90/gal during a local price war back in the day...94ish.

Two Clinton wells, thank you.  Baron would hardly be an accurate description though...at least until I have a couple laterals running under me.  

That's okay, then.  So many people use "we" and "our oil" when they haven't spent a dime directly to develop the reserves or the infrastructure.  Energy is a business and the market is global.  I get that it's a strategic asset as well - I'm a crass capitalist but I'm not blind. 

When someone in a free country gambles on a business then they should get to say where they sell their product within reasonable limits.  Not fair to let companies spend trillions to develop and produce energy outputs and then restrict their ability to sell it anywhere outside the US - which is the way it's happening now.

That's okay, then.  So many people use "we" and "our oil" when they haven't spent a dime directly to develop the reserves or the infrastructure.  Energy is a business and the market is global.  I get that it's a strategic asset as well - I'm a crass capitalist but I'm not blind. 

When someone in a free country gambles on a business then they should get to say where they sell their product within reasonable limits.  Not fair to let companies spend trillions to develop and produce energy outputs and then restrict their ability to sell it anywhere outside the US - which is the way it's happening now.

/Co-sign.

I feel that the export of energy will be used as a means to drive up energy prices on consumers here in the states.  The price only need be high enough to promote continued exploration and development...no higher.  Very few will benefit and many will be spending more for their energy use here at a time when it should be plentiful and cheap.  Australia is finding out what happens when you get carried away exporting energy right now.  They can't resist the premiums paid in Asia.  Profits are up for some, and factories are closing due to increased energy costs.  

Right over my head.

Right over my head.

Sorry, it's from a line in the movie "There Will Be Blood."  The protagonist tells a preacher that he no longer needs surface drilling rights.  He laterally drilled under his land from the side to get to the oil.  The protagonist makes the point with a soda analogy, where he uses a big straw to drink the preacher's soda from afar.  The image is from a lego enthusiasts describing the same.

Edited by smccrory

Sorry, it's from a line in the movie "There Will Be Blood."  The protagonist tells a preacher that he no longer needs surface drilling rights.  He laterally drilled under his land from the side to get to the oil.  The protagonist makes the point with a soda analogy, where he uses a big straw to drink the preacher's soda from afar.  The image is from a lego enthusiasts describing the same.

Ah...yes, drink the *milkshake!  SLUUUUURP! lol DDL played quite the part in that movie!

Edited by RCBS

Ah...yes, drink the *milkshake!  SLUUUUURP! lol DDL played quite the part in that movie!

Yea!  Really enjoyed that movie.  Don't watch it right before touring the Stan Hywet house in Akron though - it's too easy to blend images of DDL's bowling alley with their private, underground pool ;-).

....hated oil, and he would ruin us by stopping oil exploration in the US and keep us dependant on the Mid East for oil?

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/work/business/12662615-95/us-is-now-worlds-biggest-oil-producer

Conversely, remember when the Dem's told us Obama would free us from the environmental damage caused by oil drilling?

Seems like all you are full of crap.

i3xb1v.jpg

That sums up the situation we're in perfectly.