Will other brand beacons trigger a XT Ultra Lap?

bark615

Has anyone had luck with a non-XT branded beacon triggering the lap timer?   I scored a sweet deal on a like-new Ultra Lap unit but right now only have the Moto-D lap timer beacon.    I don't have the XT unit yet so I can't test it yet. ;)

Someone usually has a beacon on race days but looking for options on practice days.

Actually.... I have an XT Beacon and little battery if you want to buy it. I wadded up the timer on my big Nelson crash 2 years ago and never thought to sell the beacon also.

Beacon+battery for $30?

I think I may take you up on that offer!  Does you beacon have the option for laps or split times?

Shoot me a PM on how much you want with shipping and I'll send you some $$$.  I think I bought my transponder from your last "sale"  :D

test it in the shop?  Rig the timer onto the fork lift and see how consisted your crew is when moving things between warehouses? :D

I might as well rig a GoPro on there also!   I'm sure the guys will love that!!!  

Does you beacon have the option for laps or split times?

That's all set on the XT timer unit.  You tell the timer how many beacons it should expect to pick up, and then set minimum and maximum lap times so that it can tell the difference between an insanely fast lap and a sector split.  That way your lap time is still valid even if it misses one of the sector beacons.

You'll see how it works when your XT arrives.  It's pretty high-feature, but low tech.