drowning worms (fishing)

redkow97

Most points have already been made except for one. If you're drinking and drop anchor with the radio running a while, wouldn't hurt to start the boat every hour or so to freshen up the batteries.

Years ago a friend and I were night fishing a deep wash at a channel fork. We had a couple onboard lights and the radio going. Huge catfish were hitting hard and had us hopping for hours, so we never moved the boat.

At a foggy 3am we hit the key to head in, and nothing. Had to paddle a 24' tunnelhull deck to shore with only a 3ft oar. Battery may have been on it's way out anyway, but just a precaution so you may not have to end up swimming home.

Edited by Hellmutt
  • Upvote 1

Most points have already been made except for one. If you're drinking and drop anchor with the radio running a while, wouldn't hurt to start the boat every hour or so to freshen up the batteries.

Years ago a friend and I were night fishing a deep wash at a channel fork. We had a couple onboard lights and the radio going. Huge catfish were hitting hard and had us hopping for hours, so we never moved the boat.

At a foggy 3am we hit the key to head in, and nothing. Had to paddle a 24' tunnelhull deck to shore with only a 3ft oar. Battery may have been on it's way out anyway, but just a precaution so you may not have to end up swimming home.

I had that happen once, good thing Johnson/Evinrude motors also have a pull start on the flywheel. Even so, after that my jumper pack goes on every boat trip.