Help with buying college textbooks? Dang things are expensive!

chevysoldier

Okay, need some help. What's the cheapest place to buy college textbooks? This semester's books, through the COTC Barnes and Noble bookstore, will be $590 to $785 to buy, used and new respectively. If I rent used, it'll be $360, assuming there is availability but that seems like a lot just to rent and there may be some I want to keep, like my psych book from last semester. Thoughts and ideas? 

all of the above... download pdf if possible. Check half.com definitely. Lots of books go through there.

Be aware that it can take some time to get a book in the mail. They often ship book rate and it takes a while.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/guide/top-places-to-buy-books-for-college-students/

Sometimes professors will teach so that you can buy the older editions too - which are way cheaper, so check with the professor.  Also, idk if its the same at COTC, but OSU usually had the books in their library, so you really didn't have to buy them if you were willing to just use them there.  Got me through a couple of quarters.

I love it how from one semester to the next, they come out with a "new" math book making the one you have worthless and obsolete. Math hasn't changed in thousands of years (unless you are in the advanced crap). It's all a money grab. You pay $100's for it and they'll buy it back for $20, if at all.