Childcare Needed

Chrome

I'm looking for part time care for my 2 year old daughter and 6 week old son. Days needed are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. 8:30am-5:30pm. My wife goes back to work on the 29th so that would be the start date. We had one lady lined up but she just told us she is pregnant and will not be able to watch them after she has the baby. We don't want to have them get use to her and then switch. If know somebody that is looking for a couple more to babysit please let me know. We would like an in home sitter, we went to a couple of daycares but just can't justify the 2k a month payment. Thanks for any info. Please pm me if you have some info.

$2k/month for part time seems very steep.  That's twice what we were paying for 2 in daycare 3 days a week.

There are pros and cons of daycare, but we really think the kids got a lot out of it socially.  They are both very outgoing and love being in groups. 

Have you checked out care.com?  I had used that when I was looking for childcare and you can really narrow and focus your search. Also allows you to do background checks.  I ended up finding my Nanny from church but I did get a lot of good applicants from care.com. 

$2k for part-time childcare is really steep. My kids went and currently go to Goddard and even full time infant care is like $1100/month so that is pretty pricey for 3 days a week. 

Mary

It seemed like they offered quite a bit, but that's more than my mortgage!! AND we had to pack my daughter a lunch! I know my wife has looked at care.com but seems like those are a lot of 1-2 month gigs for them. We are looking for long term. We don't want to have to switch sitters again in 6months-a year.

Edited by Chrome

What part of Marysville? I can recommend a person but she is 6 miles north of 33 on Rte. 31.

I am at the corner of st rt 736 and 38. We will drive to them if we like them. Any info is appreciated. You can pm me their info if you'd like.

Edited by Chrome

It seemed like they offered quite a bit, but that's more than my mortgage!! AND we had to pack my daughter a lunch! 

Are there any other day cares close?  That cost seems quite high.

We looked at 4 day cares and all 4 were a lot cheaper than that.  No packing lunches either.  We picked the one with the staff we liked the best.

I would be a little nervous relying on just one person.  What happens when they are sick, unavailable, etc?

It seemed like they offered quite a bit, but that's more than my mortgage!! AND we had to pack my daughter a lunch! I know my wife has looked at care.com but seems like those are a lot of 1-2 month gigs for them. We are looking for long term. We don't want to have to switch sitters again in 6months-a year.

I think you need to look more closely for other daycare providers and also at care.com. Lots of options out there. On care.com, you can place your own ad for exactly what you want and let people come to you.  Goddard is one of the most expensive daycare's around and they are still cheaper than what you were looking at.  My son is doing 3 days a week now at Goddard for $675/month.  Infant care is more expensive.  I think your biggest issue will be doing part-time care for your infant as many daycare's do not do part-time for infants.  Your other big issue is finding someone in a week. That's going to be a real challenge.

Has your current provider backed out on you completely or are they willing to work until she delivers? or close to it? You could always stick with her and then search for another.  When she is about a month away from leaving, have both sitters there for a period of time to ease the transition.  My mom watched my son for the first 6 months and then we transitioned to a full time nanny. She worked side by side with my mom for about two weeks and it was a smooth transition. My daughter was about 3.5 years old at the time and she was fine with the changes as well. Just a thought. Good luck with your search.  I feel your pain.  Searching for childcare is very stressful. 

Mary