Any graphic design people here? Need help with a small project

TRMN8TR

Wondering if anyone here is a graphic designer, or at least better with that sort of stuff than what my MS Paint skills allow me to make? I have the text written, a few graphics picked out, and I started trying to lay something out on paper and realized I have no clue what I'm doing.

If you might be interested in helping me out post up or send me a PM and let me know what you would charge to do something like that. I can give more details if needed.

I'm trying to create a "racer resume" that I can print out on a standard 8.5x11 paper.

I don't know if photoshop is the way to do it, or some sort of graphic design software is out there? But I know word and MS paint are not the way to go and that's all I have. Can't get to image hosting sites at work to post a pic, but something like this link is what I'm trying to accomplish. Doesn't even need to be that fancy. 

http://static.wix.com/media/38b34f_c01ca9cd0870577876e05a9d20912be5.jpg_256

Edited by TRMN8TR

^^^ Something like that can be done in Word for sure. You could go big time with Illustrator, but it can be done other ways.

^^^ This.

Word can be pretty flexible as long as your images are .bmp or .jpg

Illustrator might be overkill counting the learning curve. But this is just the kind of thing it was made for.

Edited by Strictly Street

Ok, so maybe you can do it in word with a template?

I'll just say I'm good at a lot of things, even pretty decent with computers but making something like that is out of my league. I could probably do it if I really put my mind to it, but I'd like to have it done sometime this year. If any of you are capable, have the time, or know someone who can assist point me in their direction. I've got a lot of things going on and decided to ask the experts on this project. Will pay for help!

Here is a starting point:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for different categories and for older Office versions.

Poke around a bit. Bet you find one that will work. Flair included.

On the other hand I've never had "extra money" :)

Edited by Strictly Street

Don't know if it's a temporary outage, but anything I click on the page takes me to "This page can't be displayed"

I'll check back later and at home instead of work, sometimes it's just a work filter thing? Thanks for the link though. 

do this: load up the template with content (pics, words, numbers, etc), save it and email it to me.  i'll have denise look at it for you and maybe she can touch it up for you