Pope Francis views on Evolution and the Big Bang

Tpoppa

I find the latest statement by Pope Francis to be bizarre, “Evolution in nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation, because evolution requires the creation of beings that evolve.”  Well actually no it doesn't.  The theory of Evolution certainly doesn't require a creator.  There is no need for no intelligent design, that is one of the cornerstones of Evolution.   

So now the Pope wants to bundle Catholicism and Evolution together?  OK, based on what exactly? 

The Big Bang, which the Pope now also believes, doesn't require a creator either:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2311168/Stephen-Hawking-says-The-Big-Bang-didnt-need-God-set-off.html

I find Pope Francis to be a good person and smart too.  However he seems to be a poor Catholic.  Actually, he seems pretty hypocritical (as a Catholic). 

BTW, wasn't the Catholic church responsible for putting Galileo under house arrest for suggesting the sun was the center of the solar system and not the earth?

Yeah its all part of trying to one-up science. If you can't beat em, join em and then. Say you're God is responsible.

I agree.  It seems like he is trying really hard to keep the church relevant in the face of overwhelming scientific information.   But, in the process he is "watering down" many of the core principles of his religion.  After that, what is actually left for believers to hang onto?  

Francis is the Bud Light of Popes.

Don't like the bible verses that say homosexuality is a sin?   No problem, we'll ignore 'em.

Don't like the story of creation?  No worries, we'll just edit that shit out of the next version.

Don't like when science conflicts with religion...our bad...we just remembered that God was super cool with science...expecially the parts that were considered blasphemy just 50 years ago.

What was my point...oh yeah...God is eternal and never changing.  What's the problem?

Edited by Tpoppa

Don't like the bible verses that say homosexuality is a sin? No problem, we'll ignore 'em.

Don't like the story of creation? No worries, we'll just edit that shit out of the next version.

Don't like when science conflicts with religion...our bad...we just remembered that God was super cool with science...expecially the parts that were considered blasphemy just 50 years ago.

What was my point...oh yeah...God is eternal and never changing. What's the problem?

Why not? You already ignore the ones about eating pigs and lobster.

What was that...something about shall not eat lobster at market price?

Anything from the ocean that lacks fins and scales. Lobster, shrimp, oysters mussels.

Shaving is also forbidden in the Bible.

Tattoos

The list of ignored bible verses is staggering.