The first ever College Football Playoff National Championsip Game

Mr Anderson

Ohio State did earn the #4 ranking and all the sports analysts will agree on this. TCU lost to Baylor so their out of it. Baylor only had wins over 3 teams with positive records while OSU had 8. Baylor had a weak non conference schedule while OSU did not. Baylor shared their conference championship with TCU. Not Baylors fault but the Big 12 will change that. OSU beat the number 1 running back in the nation and beat the number 2 defense in the nation 59-0. You have to understand that OSU was the underdog in that game. The whole OSU did not deserve the number 4 spot is an invalid arguement. Baylor played a division 2 team. OSU won more games. Baylor lost to MSU which Baylor said they would blow out of the water because big 12 is better than B1G ten. Just wanted to clear that up. Also Virgina Tech beat Cinci and went positive for the season. Also Virgina Tech is just having an off season. VT is one of the only teams with 20 plus positive seasons. Also VT helped OSU a lot because they improved so much. Also OSU was starting with 4 rookies on the o-line. 3 of those linemen are starting in the pros from last years team. Also would like to say OSU won with the 3rd string Quarterback. Also OSU beat 2 heisman canidates and the Heisman trophy winner. Back to back games and that has never happened in NCAA history. OSU proved that a 4th seed team can win the National Championship game. OSU is in the history books as the very first true undisputed National Champions. Go Bucks.

When the confetti settled - The Ohio State Buckeyes are in the record books.

After they won it all, yes they are all saying this.  But, in reality, they did not earn jumping over two teams to make the top 4.  What they did in the playoffs has nothing to do with how they did in the regular season.  They lost to a poor team, and their schedule compared to TCU was not much different, except for the loss Ohio suffered.  Whether VT had a down year or not, their record for this year is what counts, not years previous.

It seems the bias toward smaller schools continues.

I love how all national commentators hate on every Ohio team
 Not so.  I heard very nearly all the sports journalists on the Ohio bandwagon with very few talking bad about them.  True, many originally picked Alabama to beat them, based on what I heard, but after that it was all Ohio.

Hey, congrats to them.  They took full advantage of what was given to them.  Can't knock that for sure.

i wasn't trying to put a negative connotation on the word "argue".  I'll reword it: "continuing to opine on why the national champs didn't belong in the play offs makes the national championship trophy that much shinier and now with more stripper glitter."