Instructional resources (vids/books)

RHill

Bored by the superbowl so far, so I'm browsing around riding technique videos on youtube....figured posting a thread to see what others have found informative.

Code's books...Twist of the Wrist volume 1 and 2 & Soft Science of Road Racing are all good reads.

Just picked up Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch.  Barely started into it, but I'm hoping it takes more of a track oriented turn, because it has street based for the first two chapters.  Nick is also one of the instructors for the Yamaha Champions School and has a few interesting videos up:

Seahawks just scored seconds before the half, second half might be a little more entertaining.

• Upvote 1

Just picked up Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch.  Barely started into it, but I'm hoping it takes more of a track oriented turn, because it has street based for the first two chapters.

Read it a few years ago and re-read it last year. Covers both street and track, but worth it. Has some good explanations of many techniques we use at the track.

Read a couple more chapters last night; focused on keeping the eyes moving, looking ahead to slow things down and using peripheral vision to keep track of riders and other obstacles. Nothing "new", but still good info. Know I'm guilty of not looking ahead enough when approaching other riders.