Frame sliders?

Wolfman1

Pro Tek and Shogun are a couple of others I have seen that are available. Any input on the quality of these? This may be a stupid question, but whats the difference between cut and no cut?

The mounting points for the books of the frame sliders are often hidden behind the fairing of some sportbikes. No cut means the frame sliders are offset so you don't have to cut into the fairings. Regular (cut) sliders means you may have to drill a hole in the fairings because the mounting of the sliders are just straight out from where they bolt to the bike. Think of drilling a hole like a door knob. Not sure what it is like for the FZ1, but assume you should be fine.

The mounting points for the books of the frame sliders are often hidden behind the fairing of some sportbikes. No cut means the frame sliders are offset so you don't have to cut into the fairings. Regular (cut) sliders means you may have to drill a hole in the fairings because the mounting of the sliders are just straight out from where they bolt to the bike. Think of drilling a hole like a door knob. Not sure what it is like for the FZ1, but assume you should be fine.

Thanks, that makes sense.  I guess i don't have to worry about that since i have a naked bike.

Had these on my '06 FZ1 and they were excellent. Held up and did their job through a neighbor backing into the bike and through a collision with a distracted moron.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=167

Thanks for the input. Looks like I have a few more options to consider.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...