Caberg Duke modular helmet

Gump

It's sitting next to a Scorpion.

Fits nicely in size large. More comfortable than the Scorpion. There isn't as much padding around the front of your jaw. Possibly because it's a modular which is part of the reason it feels more comfortable.

The inner sun visor is easy to operate and very useful.

Has a Pinlock visor and comes with one. Lift tabs on both sides. I haven't used the pinlock.

You can lock the chin guard in the up position if you wanted to ride around like that. I never tried the button to lock the chin guard in the up position with gear on. When you do lift the chin guard it takes some getting use to as it has a rubber skirt thing below your chin that drags across your face. The chin thing is removable. The button to release the chin guard is easy to use.

The chin strap is extremely easy to use and can be done with gloves on. The chin strap does sit closer to your throat than a Scorpion which if you put it on too tight then look down it chokes you. No more messing with threading the strap though.

The vents on the chin don't have a on/off. It's easy to turn on/off the top vent but honestly I can't feel more air when it's on. It's a little warmer than the Scorpion as when everything's closed your sealed up more but the built in sun visor trumps that problem by opening the main visor.

Noise. Everything closed, it a lot quieter than the Scorpion to around 65mph. I don't hear noise from below like I did with the Scorpion. I hear a lot of noise at ear level and above at higher speeds. They need to wind tunnel it and change something. Still quieter than the Scorpion at high speeds.

It's feels as light as the Scorpion.

Has a Bluetooth port

All in all I really like it. The gas stops, spitting, and random nose itches, are easier by flipping up the chin guard. The sun visor is really nice. Easy on the pocket book for a modular and highest safety rating for a modular.

post-9795-0-65922400-1429501994_thumb.jp

Edited by Gump

I loved my Caberg that I had. I would have bought another but they had left the US market. Are they back in the US or did you buy it off of Ebay and have it shipped?

Bought from Motostorm site and shipped from Italy. Free shipping.

Edited by Gump

• 1 month later...