Rothco Boots

Wojo72

I picked up a pair of Rothco 8 inch tactical boots about a month ago. They are the ones with the composite toe and shank. I've only worn them a few times. Yesterday I was zipping up before a ride. The zipper ripped apart. They are snug but I wasn't putting on a ton of pressure. I contacted the company and they told me to take them back to the store. I hope that I can find the frigging receipt.

TL;DR

Stay away. They are junk. Lesson learned.

I'm struggling a litte bit.  I want something that will give me decent protection.  At the same time I want to be able to wear them to work on casual Friday and not want to chew my leg off at the knee at the end of the day because my feet are on fire.  I went to Iron Pony today and tried on a couple of different boots but I didn't fall in love with anything.

I picked up a pair of 8 inch composite toe Bates today. I was sad to see they are also Chinmart boots. We will see how well they hold up. The sad part is that they were on sale so they were the same price as the Rothcos.