Motorcyclist killed in Marysville

sporttour

I think you could have just said that in the very beginning Pokey instead of just saying lights don't matter (and later kind of agree they do).  I agree with what you're saying and the thought behind it.  

Now will you just please start using you brights like the rest of us also.   :D

PS - Should I just be swerving around all the time since that also helps?

Just to elaborate.......I NEVER said that they "did not matter", what I did say is that they give a false sense of security and when on bright makes it even worse for cage drivers to tell how far away we are. And as far as the swerving maneuver goes, I only do that when I am in city areas with a lot of side streets and I see a car starting to creep out. It only needs to be done in a very subtle manner, no need to act like you are warming tires and cleaning off debris for NASCAR race. :) I know guys who have been riding for a very long time and who have racked up 200K plus miles on bikes while traveling all over the country and Canada, and they are against lights on bright and modulators but firmly believe in the SMIDSY move. Hey I am not trying to preach, all I am wanting to let be known is that what many of us thinks/believes works and makes us more visible, it goes way beyond being visible and in how the human brain works and what the perception is. We all do need to make ourselves as visible as possible, otherwise I would not wear high viz jacket and have LED running lights and wear a white helmet. ;)

And I would gladly ride 2 abreast with Jim, we can sync up our Sena headsets and sing Kumbya together.

Edited by Pokey

Just make sure you let Jim lead when you ride with him that way you don't have to watch that silly modulator in your mirror.  :lol:

And white helmets are still in fashion until after labor day. :D

• Upvote 2

She said she didn't see him, my guess is she didn't even look.  Was probably on the phone.  I had a guy at slow speed like 40mph pull out in front of me while making a left, saw me locking the tires and burned out to get out of the way and I missed hitting him by inches.  I did get a standing ovation from the group of dudes on a front porch who saw that I didn't go down.  Another thing, I know it annoys people, but I will rev my engine in towns and intersections, so I can be more visible.  I will also do it coming into a gas station or any other stop to make sure the asshats see me coming in.