plastic welding

EagleCock

I purchased plastic welder stuff from the store to use for my project bike, but it says "does not bond to polyethylene or polypropylene plastics". I'm not a scientist so I don't know if I should be worried or not...are my OEM 600RR plastics that material or another type of plastic? thanks!

I tried this stuff, if it is the same, and I didnt have much luck with it. The stuff I used came in two tubes and you mixed it together and then used it to "weld" the pieces together. This was on my old R6 and was in a wierd spot that I think would have been hard to get to stick anyway. But if Yota is offering a free course then I would take him up on the offer if I were you.

I tried this stuff, if it is the same, and I didnt have much luck with it. The stuff I used came in two tubes and you mixed it together and then used it to "weld" the pieces together. This was on my old R6 and was in a wierd spot that I think would have been hard to get to stick anyway. But if Yota is offering a free course then I would take him up on the offer if I were you.

Thats not really plastic welding.What you are talking about is a two part epoxy,more like a glue.Plastic welding involves melting the peices and sometimes adding more material to strengthen the piece.