Barber Motorsports Park 11/28 & 11/29

RHill

Feeling down with the cold weather creeping in this weekend?  Just take a look at the weather in Birmingham, Alabama:   http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAL0054:1:US

http://www.n2td.org/

Do it!

(first video I saw with a track map overlay )

Shout out to Riders Discount for posting some sweet videos.....looking forward to recreating this one while passing Brandon next month

Edited by RHill

just got back this weekend with STT and had a great time - def one of the most beautiful tracks we've got. Laid down a personal best of 1:43.8 in I group. Love to go back, but I don't think I can swing another one this year. Next year spring for sure!

btw, don't let the forecast fool ya - Sunday morning it was almost in the 30s!

just got back this weekend with STT and had a great time - def one of the most beautiful tracks we've got. Laid down a personal best of 1:43.8 in I group. Love to go back, but I don't think I can swing another one this year. Next year spring for sure!

btw, don't let the forecast fool ya - Sunday morning it was almost in the 30s!

how is it in the cold?

can deal with the cold overnights, just hopefully warms up during the day for a couple decent afternoons

how is it in the cold?

can deal with the cold overnights, just hopefully warms up during the day for a couple decent afternoons

The overall traction of track is great. If sun is out it will put some heat into track. But like any cold track treat as necessary. I will warn you to tread lightly through turn 5/6. This past weekend was an abosolute shit show. Red flags in every session. Never seen it that bad. Guessing 75% of crashes were in 5/6.

sigh

:crytroll:

The overall traction of track is great. If sun is out it will put some heat into track. But like any cold track treat as necessary. I will warn you to tread lightly through turn 5/6. This past weekend was an abosolute shit show. Red flags in every session. Never seen it that bad. Guessing 75% of crashes were in 5/6.

Thanks, I'll be putting around learning the place at first, but I'll heed the warning and pay special attention through there. 

Missing Barber is a huge kick in the balls,

However the possibility of missing the birth of my son would be a bigger kick in the balls.

Barber will still be there next year. 

And that kick would be administered by the proud new mommy!

Edited by F4iguy

• 1 month later...

charging up the cameras so everyone can live vicariously through some video

leaving tonight or at like 3 am tomorrow to get some time at the museum & to set up before getting on track saturday and sunday

hope everyone is having a great thanksgiving!

Well, guess the whole camera comment jinxed me.  First dropped the gopro in the pits and put a little scratch in the lens, then the damn top retainer broke and the case opened up on track dropping the camera somewhere between t12 and t14.  They were nice enough to allow me to go look for it, but all I could find was the back cover.

Switched to the older camera for the last half of the second day, but the video I did get is shaky as fuck....disappointing.  Going to upload one or two anyway, links will come later.

Wow, completely slipped my mind to post up the videos....few from the early sessions to catch shots of other riders, and a few from the later sessions where I was getting up to pace and traffic died down:

Edited by RHill

last couple

Barber is an amazing track.....videos don't come close to doing it justice.  If you ever have the chance, plan to spend full day at the museum in addition to a couple at the track.  I didn't have nearly enough time at either and look forward to going back.