swing arm extensions

ducati guy

Im leaning towards doing this to my zx10. im been doing alot of reading and such on zx10r.net and collecting info and facts about performing this mod to my bike.

So i guess im on here to get everyones opinion on doing so. I want to buy and install the extensions and stretch it as far as the extensions will allow me. Im still kinda worried about the handling aspect of it, as i still enjoy curves a lil but but i love doing straight line and i plan tohit the drag strip this yr.

One thing im still questioning is that some people say that if you put the extensions on, you have to lower your bike. From reading fellow riders post on zx10r.net and seeing that they just installed the extensions and a longer chain/ brake line. Can anyone here confirm this lil myth...

Also im wondering if anyone here has riden or is riding with the swing arm extensions and if they could tell me how much of a diff it made with the handling of the bike and the over all performance of the bike.

Alls i plan to do is stretch it 6inches and add a longer chain and brake line. for now i dont plan on gearing it if anyone is wondering.

So anyone feed back is welcome and much appreciated

well im not really looking to make big power. Im most like going to add one more power adder which will be velocity stack and get it tuned and probly be done with the bike as power wise. I already have power commander with a muzzy exhaust and a k&n filter to go along with it. I also did read read about the whole center of gravity thing andm lowering the bike and stuff. I was really hoping not to lower the bike but just to extend it...

I've been reading up on them, the general consensus is that if your under 200WHP, they're fine. I'm looking at a set plus an extra chain to swap back and forth.

Also, it's not like your bike will simply refuse to turn after extending it, people seriously over exaggerate a bike with extensions. twisties are still possible, we ride with a guy with a 8" over swing arm on a Gixxer 750 and he does just fine, it just takes a little extra effort and some more lean to make it go.

Thats what i have read to. its still possible to do twisties but if does take more effort to turn and such which is fine by me.

Satan, im stretching it b/c im going to hit the drag strip this summer and thats he reason why im going to be doing it. Plus with the extensions, if i dont like them, then its way easier to take them off than doing a whole swing arm. So i think im going to go ahead and do it, and if it turns out worse than i would like, then its going to be easier to remove it and go back to where im at now....