Anyone ever try Bridgestones BT002 Race/Street tires???

r6allstar

I've been really happy with them, feel more confident than qualifiers.

This was sunday on the track/street tires (195/55 in the back - I like how I still have a little strip left whereas my qualifiers would have had none with far less lean angle, they inspire confidence)

I bought them from cycle sector as well. Great guy.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8737001559137085681&hl=en

180 for a 600 PERIOD....street or track... 180.... ...

Maybe not...just don't discount there may be a better option.

"On the case of the tires:

A 190 may have a negative affect on handling, but lets be specific. Stock is a 180/55, the key to this is the profile height (which is the 55) so going with a 190/50 (as some do) WILL absolutely have a negative affect on handling as it is a flatter tire, designed for a literbike which needs the greater contact patch while upright.

But going with a 190/55, you are maintaining the height you have with the 180/55 but you are increasing the contact patch at your lean angle.

If you search enough you will find some magazine have been torn between the 2 sizes (180/55 and 190/55). Some prefer the 180 as the tire weighs less and is cheaper to purchase. Whereas others prefer the confidence and advantages of the 190.

And gearing changes play a part in the drive ability (loss) is going with the larger, heavier tire.

As far as what is designed, in SS classes (where the rule states they must use OEM wheels, etc...) they run a variety of tire sizes, I've seen 190/55, 190/60 hell even a 195/70 on a STOCK 5.5" 600cc rim.

And on a 6" rim I've seen up to a 205/70!

Personally I run a 190/55 Superbike Slick and I love it! I've changed my gearing (-1/+1) which eliminated any losses in the tire increase and absolutely love the tires!

And as far as profile and it's affect on handling, changing from one brand to another, or even from something like an OEM qualifier to a "off the shelf" qualifier will have as much affect on handling as changing tire sizes will.

You should try it before you bash it! (even though I used to bash it before I did some research and learned for myself!)"