N2 Road Atlanta 3/26 3/27

Jester_

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Jester_ said:

Never happen.

Unless of course I dont get mine together by the time we go down there and we are bringing up the rear with the small blocks.

Does it count if I pass exiting the corner onto the straight, and then immediately get passed on the straight again? That's probably my only hope...

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM, RHill said:

Damn, you're going to be hungry....of course if you can stick close to Ron, you can blow by when he brakes 200 feet too early.  That's still the straight right?  :lol:

Why's everybody gotta be picking on poor Ron! 

Too funny though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'd love to lend a hand, but my car is on the way out.....not sure it is going to make it to/from work let alone the drive to your place.  Need to get the issues with it sorted ASAP.

No problem thanks for the offer, atleast you can walk to work. I got a new truck so doing some upgrades to it as well. 

And I have to swap the clutch master cylinder on the Z to start driving it again. Plus all the work needed on the bike and 3 weeks to finish it all. 

Have to see how it goes....I'm torn between being cheap and replacing a water pump and a bunch of other little things, or replacing the whole car.  Really don't want a car payment.....that is like a trackday and a half per month!

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week before we leave.

No 750 for me :( will be another year of getting blown away on the back straight. But really looking forward to getting down there and starting the year out, lots of work still to do on the bike, hoping to have it together by wednesday next week so I can spend thursday getting everything packed and the truck\trailer packed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a wonderful time at road Atlanta.  Managed to do a total of six laps in the rain on slicks.  Got ejected from a vehicle, broke my glasses.  Ryan got shut off at the bar.  Bill lost $200. Brandon had bike issues (but was the only one smart enough to bring rains) I think the only one that got away this weekend unscathed was Dan.      Quote of the weekend "Is that vomit"  

• Upvote 1

Dan's stand fell on his bike sometime during the trailer ride home, so he didn't escape unscathed.

Wasn't all bad, had a good time.  Best thing about the weekend is if we figured out Brandon's electrical issues for good.  Hate to see missed laps due to a issue like that.

On the positive side, we pretty much gave everybody's bike a easy shakedown to ensure they are ready to go for the next trackday.

I have a slightly dented/scratched up gas tank now, and still havent figured out if the clutch is slipping or not. Will have to take it down the street. Also have to buy 2 trailer tires but other than that it wasent a bad weekend. Would have liked to make more than 4 laps but whatever.

How did Bill manage to lose $200?

Edited by Jester_