All of Wally Rd to be paved

2talltim

I was on Wally Rd. Monday when i was out riding and i seen some construction signs up that were covered so went i got home and did some searching on what they were going to be doing. I found a news paper report that said it was going to be paved. If any of you know Wally road is only part paved on the Knox county side so i sent a email to the Knox county engineers office and ask if it was all going to get paved or just part of it, and this was the reply I received.

Timothy, we were awarded an ohio public works commission grant for wally road improvements, it will consist of a two year program, first in 2016 we will be replacing some culverts (crossing wally rd), doing some bank removal and widening a couple of places. in 2017 we will do some reclamation (roto-tilling and adding gravel base), then surface the entire road within knox county, including the existing gravel portions. jim

This is great news because Wally Rd. is a beautiful scenic byway that follows the Mohican River through Ashland, Holmes and Knox counties. It starts and end either in Greer in Knox county off StRt 514 and the other end is in Loudenville off StRt 3. The Knox county side is the only remaining unpaved section of the road but the parts in the other two counties need a little TLC as well.

• Upvote 2

I am sure it has a lot to do with all the rich ass campers wanting to camp on the river and not have dust and stone chips to deal with. 

I was on my WR on day behind a Harley and he wouldn't let me pass. Acted like he owned the road I was right on his ass when we came around the corner going south and the road turned to dirt he about shit. The bike got all loose and he was on the brakes. I waited to see if he was going to crash then flew by with the rocks and dust filling the air. 

Sad to see a fun road go away.