ALICE training & 'mass' shootings

redkow97

On 4/8/2016 at 6:12 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

I love that clip of GWB. I honestly do miss that guy. 

The shoe throwing guy still has an opinion, and can be found quoted in Iraqi news. Recently read some of his comments on the current Iraqi situation. Muntadhar al-Zaidi, and oddly... in 2009 he was the target of a shoe in a conference.

I sincerely hope that school teachers are smart enough to construct and plan to construct a decent barricade on short notice, but I suppose it's more about being mechanically minded more than being smart.  The physics teacher probably won't have an issue.  The Spanish teacher may.

I understand that the fire marshal will flip out if there are any visible modifications to accommodate anything like that, but hell, you can lay books along the floor contiguously between teh door and a wall and prevent it from opening inward.  You can have a paracord bracelet or key chain and tie a doorknob to anything wider than the door itself and keep it from opening outward.

• 1 month later...

I have been through 3 different ALICE training classes. Barricades can be made out of desk, or whatever is in the room to wedge against the door. Just not a person. 

I found all 3 had good points but they are conflicting with some info. One said have a place to gather... No thanks. One said leave lights on one said off. Both made good points depending on the situation. All my classes are for a factory/office setting. My new job has me as the first person you see walking in. I am not at my desk very often.

I wish I could carry at work.

I like what is called The Spark.... when an active shooter goes on a rampage you charge him I mean full out run at him to tackle him. If....if done right that spark creates a fire, others rush him to take him down. Shooting at 15 people who are scurrying away is easy vs 15 tackling you and stripping your weapon away by whatever means possible. Will someone get shot? Very likely but a lot less will than those that try to run away. And the act might actually catch a shooter of guard.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk