Would some kindly racers help me relearn the what's & where's of track days and racing in Ohio.

Giff74

Evening all!

I'm just getting back into serious riding this year after an almost 20 year layoff. I had a couple of DR650's that I dabbled with the last couple of years, but I got a Yamaha R3 last winter and I've enjoyed riding the wheels off of it since then. 

Of course now I want to go faster and brake harder than I know I should in public. I've got a couple of "simple" goals in mind. This year I'd like to get into a novice/beginner/C class track day or weekend with hands on instructors. I'm old enough now to know I don't know what all I need to know to go fast. For this year the only option I would have is riding my non race prepared R3. 

As early as possible next spring I'd like to do another track day or two and work my way into some racing by the end of the summer. If things are going well I would get another R3 and kit it out for racing. 

Here's what I don't know. Who should I be contacting about track day instruction and would my closest option to Cincinnati be Mid-Ohio? The other thing I can't figure out is are there any race clubs or groups in southwest or central Ohio? I've been on the AMA site and WERA's, but aside from dates I can't figure out what the classes of bikes are. Is there a class for N300's and R3's or is everyone still using 250's? There is probably a bunch of stuff I'm not even aware of for how these events are structured. I've read the track day FAQ's on the the top of this page and some interesting threads, but if someone could give me a "road map" of what I want to do and some contacts/websites of the organizers I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Giff

Midohio or putnam would be the closest tracks. Mido does there own and sportbike track time and a few others run at putnam.

As for racing ahrma might have a group for the r3, wera and ccs do. They usually run in the light weight class with other r3, ninja 300 etc.