Shit is hitting the fan in Dallas

Casper

36 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

tl;dr = cops did bad shit to minorities and the Dallas shooting was just the chickens coming home to roost.

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for someone to do something like this after all of the craziness last year. What's the difference between this and the UT clock tower shooter in the 60's? Or the dude sniping people from the trunk of his car on the east coast back in the late 00's? It's crazy people doing crazy shit who become famous and inspire other crazy fucks to do the same kind of shit down the line. Motive doesn't matter when it comes to things like this. Newtown? What's the motive there? Mass shootings have become a part of American culture over the past 20 years and there's honestly no good solution. Ban semi-auto firearms? It will be bolt action hunting rifles and pistols. Ban firearms all together? Good luck with that one, they'll just move on to explosives. Bottom line is there's a sickness in this country that gets inside people and makes them want to lash out and kill as many people as they can. I don't have a solution, I'm not sure anyone does.

1 hour ago, Idiot said:

I think I get your point about the tragedy itself overcoming motive...

but I'm not so sure that motive doesn't matter.  If the motive inspires others to similar acts then the motive is very very important.  There are reports that this shooting is being celebrated in some corners of social media.

The motive has become the act in and of itself.