93 repaving complete /road closure for 10 days mid August, 662, 541

Chuck78

Ohio State Route 93 will have repaving completed this afternoon between 208/Adamsville & 541/93 - but they were doing 10 days of (bridge?)work near 541 so dont try to run 93 more than 5 mi north of 83/93 intersection/merger before Aug 19th or 20th completion.

From just outside of Zanesville to Adamsville, they have repaved several 2' wide 40' to 100' long sections of the outside edges of the lanes. Not sure if they will be repaving any of this in it's entirety.  

It also looks like the very fun 1 mile or so of 208 just north of the right turn on 93 @ 208 is getting repaved. I don't normally take 208 so I can't comment on how far that is getting paved.

I also believe 662 that runs between 209 & 83 has/had (10 days ago saw signs) a road closure. I'm not sure if a bridge out or what is going on. That road looks real fun, will need new pavement in the next few years but looks good from either end currently - just lots of cracks in pavement but still smooth.

I also just saw a 541 detour sign in West Lafayette, but not sure of that is still around from the bridge out on 541 just west of 93&541. That bridge FINALLY just reopened.

Edited by Chuck78
  • Upvote 2

93 was getting repaved on the south of Adamsville section towards Zanesville as of a few days ago as well, and is likely complete now. The bridge repair road closure is probably still in effect through this week on the section just south of 541.

60 is now currently being repaved. It appears complete south of 541 @ Tunnel Hill, but north of 541 the northbound lane was not yet done but the southbound lane was near completion. 

541 in Knox County is getting sections repaved an entire lane's width for sections of 75, 125, 250 feet long. Both directions.  They started east a ways of the Licking County line and are moving towards Coshocton County, about 75% through Knox Co eastward. 

Also in the Hocking area, 374 is closed on the merged stretch with 180, just east of where 374 splits off south from 180. You cannot get to Jack Run Rd to use that as a nice detour. 

The only good bypass I know of if heading Southbound on 374 would be to take 180 East and then 678 Southwest to reconnect back on to 374. Reverse those directions if coming north on 374. I did not make it down to 56 to see if anything was happening down that way near South Bloomingville & 374 (another one of my absolute favorite short stretches of road down that way), but hopefully this Sunday.

669 has a new stretch of BRAND NEW pavement (no edge lines yet? from Crooksville (?) & east a ways, I believe the stretch past Perry State Forest ATV trailhead & to the next jog/merger onto another state route (8 hr ride Sunday, memory is a little foggy 2 days later).

278 just out of Nelsonville & up the awesome hill climb was repaved since the last time I hit it, when they had repaved the entire road except that northernmost big big twisty hill & into town. 

56 in Hocking was great except they never paved the best stretch from 374/Ash Cave to the gas station at 664&56 in South Bloomingville.

There were several concrete culvert patches across the road in curves on this best section of 56. Worst us that the only patch of gravel all day that I did not see was the one in the middle of a great curve on 56!!!! I didn't see it or feel it with my front tire, but I rolled on the throttle at the same moment mid turn, I had a major pucker moment when the rear end moved substantially (6-8"?) out from under me!  Recoverable no prob, scared my buddy behind me more probably! He said I shot a bunch of gravel out from under my tire like bullets at him...

WARNING - The Hawk gas station at 56&664 had all pumps shut down with signs saying "NO GAS OR DIESEL." Luckily we hadn't done more than zig zagging south through Hocking and were ok missing our planned 100mi gas stop until 56-278-Nelsonville. 

The 374 section merged with 180 is still totally shut down due to major construction.

Worst bummer was the best most scenic road Clear Creek Rd was the absolute WORST I've ever seen it. The several mile stretch in the middle of bad pavement is pretty horrible by now, & it appeared to must have flooded recently, as it seemed more like a gravel road for most of this stretch, but with deteriorated pavement and a good handful of bad potholes under the gravel. Westbound seemed worst. 

Still I love that beautiful scenery and being able to link chipsealed Revenge Rd in the ride.

I don't know if Snortin Ridge to Jack Run would get you through the road closure on 374/180 without being detoured on gravel side roads either...